Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Discover IT have card designs?

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Does Discover IT have card designs?

Hi guys,

I have a More but been reluctant to convert because I kinda like the card design feature they have.

Wondering if the IT has it now. If not, will it likely to have soon?

Thanks

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jpparker07
New Contributor

Re: Does Discover IT have card designs?

I would confirm with a CSR but my card number stayed the same on the It after I PC'd so my old design was still usable. They do have some designs specifically for the IT, but they are not as plentiful as they previously were. When I PC'd I asked about the designs and the CSR said that the IT card would be adding more designs by June of this year and that yes, some of the old designs would be brought back for the IT.

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 2 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've only seen the one design.  When I went to add my son as an AU, it asked if I wanted another design, but I didn't dig into that.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 7
jpparker07
New Contributor

On the online banking home page it says next to the picture of your card : Card Info. Click on that and you will see a button that says Change Design. On the next page click Choose Card Design Now. Then click I want an additional card design. Click through twice and you will see a link that says Standard Card Designs. Click the link and it shows the 6 or so designs that you can currently choose from.

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 4 of 7
eviLution
Established Contributor

The only other design that I would get is probably the New York.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 5 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@eviLution wrote:
The only other design that I would get is probably the New York.

That's actually a very nice card design, of lower Manhattan!

Message 6 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

So I called Discover to ask about this, the card design options available.  The New York Skyline, as well as the retro Sony Cassette and 2-3 other designs are available to replace the basic IT card.  Nothing changes with the account, the numbers stay the same and in fact, one can actually use either card, the standard IT or the newly designed IT...just like with the More card before IT.  Ordered one up, should be here in about 5 days!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.