Mine reported pretty fast within 90 days

But I think you need a balance on it

First couple of statements no report cause I used and paid off in few days

Once I let something hang after 30 days they reported

Now they report like clockwork

Discover was my first decent line on a ghost file rebuild

So they do take on unusual clients or little in bureaus

If the info helps you use it

I reported a $0 ballance my first statement, and it reported 2-3 days later after the statement cut.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Discover Report?

I received my card in April and it still hasn't reported.  My husband received his in May and nothing. Finally I used the online chat to ask the rep about reporting. She said that she would request the information to be reported.  I explained to her that we needed the accounts listed for my husbands credit file, but we couldn't use the cards until we closed on our home.  She said it would be reported within 7 days.  She also said they report to TU. I'd read somewhere and asked the rep when we got the cards if they reported to all three bureaus.  That was our reasoning for applying.  I am in NYS and have the Discover More Card.  Anyone know if it will be on all three credit files and if the credit limit is reported?

Message 12 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my card in April and it still hasn't reported.  My husband received his in May and nothing. Finally I used the online chat to ask the rep about reporting. She said that she would request the information to be reported.  I explained to her that we needed the accounts listed for my husbands credit file, but we couldn't use the cards until we closed on our home.  She said it would be reported within 7 days.  She also said they report to TU. I'd read somewhere and asked the rep when we got the cards if they reported to all three bureaus.  That was our reasoning for applying.  I am in NYS and have the Discover More Card.  Anyone know if it will be on all three credit files and if the credit limit is reported?

Yes reports to all 3 and limits

Message 13 of 17
jcx808
New Contributor

I was informed by the customer rep today that they send in updates the Friday after the statement cut off.  I also asked for a off-cycle update, the rep informed me that it would be sent after this Friday.  Hopefully it updates my new CL by next week.

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 725 EQ 746 TU as of 6/24/2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I hope so too!   I also got a CL increase this month, my statement cut on Jun 4th, and still no update!

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 15 of 17
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Sorry about the late response. Thanks for all your answers. I called and the rep told me that they are in fact reporting to all the agencies every month but for some reason it is not showing on my report. I been on time with my payments and I pay my balances in full so now I'm just wondering why it is not showing in my report. The agent told me the problem is happening within the bureaus but now I don't know what to do. Any ideas. Thanks.

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 16 of 17
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I previously said in an earlier post that my started reporting a couple days after my first statement cut and I had a $0 balance. Well, I looked back and it actually reported a $305 balance because my statement cut date was Monday and the pending charged posted to the account on Sunday.

So why don't you let it report a balance and see what will happen 

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.