Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Discover eventually give up?

tag
orl22
New Contributor

Does Discover eventually give up?

This week I received 2 pre-approvals for a Discover card.  I've been getting them about once a week. Only this week I got 2. The offers have been getting better. Before the APR was 14.99%. Lately it's been 9.99%. Trying to get my sister to join NFCU so she can get me in so I don't want Discover. But do they ever get the hint that you're not interested and give up? I don't think that I can count how many of these pre-approvals that I've shredded from them this year. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Does Discover eventually give up?

You can either opt out all together or contact Discover personally and tell them to stop soliciting you.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

Just feel honored that you've put yourself in a desirable position to be solicited. It's easy to take that for granted, but there are many people who would jump for joy to be considered worthy of a prime card. So take it as a compliment while you toss their offers in the rubbish, just my opinion.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 3 of 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

you could always opt out  optoutprescreen.com so you'll never get solicited again Smiley Tongue

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 10
orl22
New Contributor

It was nice at first to get them and see what they are offering me. I might just do the opt out thing but was just wondering if they get tired eventually and just stop and move on to someone else. I am honored and 9.9% would be the lowest rate I'd have. But Discover isn't on my radar. 

Message 5 of 10
lithium78
Established Contributor

I love getting pre-approvals.  It's further evidence that my credit rebuild has been a rousing success.  Just cheer when you get one and then have fun putting it through the shredder. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

I'm debating on framing my discover pre-approval since I haven't been pre-approved in 10 years or so LOL my credit was that bad til recently =) 

when I got it in the mail i was like LONG TIME NO SEE!!!!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@orl22 wrote:

This week I received 2 pre-approvals for a Discover card.  I've been getting them about once a week. Only this week I got 2. The offers have been getting better. Before the APR was 14.99%. Lately it's been 9.99%. Trying to get my sister to join NFCU so she can get me in so I don't want Discover. But do they ever get the hint that you're not interested and give up? I don't think that I can count how many of these pre-approvals that I've shredded from them this year. 

Trying to get my sister to join NFCU so she can get me in so I don't want Discover : Do you mind to tell me how can i join NFCU ??? I wouild love to join them to but i think i dont qualify for their product and stuff ??? Do we need to be a member to get their CC product ??? Wonder if anyone can answer my question

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@orl22 wrote:

Trying to get my sister to join NFCU so she can get me in so I don't want Discover : Do you mind to tell me how can i join NFCU ??? I wouild love to join them to but i think i dont qualify for their product and stuff ??? Do we need to be a member to get their CC product ??? Wonder if anyone can answer my question

You have to be related to someone in your family that is in the military or was in the military that is a current member to sponser you in. Also with recent changes in a few years if your a contributing member of a household you can get sponsered in, so if you have a roommate that has an account you can sneak in as well. and There is no basic member programs like USAA. it's either your in with them or you are not. and yes you have to be a member to get their Credit cards.

Message 9 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.