cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Discover let you have more than 1 card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Discover let you have more than 1 card?

Just curious if Discover is good about giving multiple cards. I am really wanting a travel rewards card and i like Discovers.

Also for that Travel Rewards Card, what might their qualifications for that card be... score, baddies... etc..
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Discover let you have more than 1 card?

You can have 2. 

Message 2 of 9
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Has to be one year between first and second cards.  I got my first May 1, 2015 and they said I had to wait until June this year for a second. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok kool, thx
Message 4 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just curious if Discover is good about giving multiple cards. I am really wanting a travel rewards card and i like Discovers.

Also for that Travel Rewards Card, what might their qualifications for that card be... score, baddies... etc..

Do you mean the Discover IT Miles?   Not really a travel card at all, simply a great cashback card for the first year (then meh).  As others said, need a year between apps.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can definetly have 2 cards for discover. But you have to wait about 1 year in between. I am guessing they want to see your usage/the relationship with them. At least that is what the rep told me.

Message 6 of 9
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Also if I recall, you have to use separate logins for each account. (I only hold 1 card)
Message 7 of 9
Sharingan
Established Contributor

That is correct. My Discover It and Discover It Miles cards are on separate logins, and it is a pain. Discover has one of the best websites (in my opinion) of the banks I do business with, except when it comes to having multiple products from them. Discover's competitors are able to accommodate this, so I'm not really sure why, after all these years, Discover still cannot.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanx for all the great info peeps
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.