cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Discover "like" thick/aged squeaky clean files?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Discover "like" thick/aged squeaky clean files?

You see, this is why I started this thread.  You've got at least 3 examples above of people with strong profiles (800 score, 760 score, 830 score) and the result of their apps were:

- 1 denial

- 1 approval but with a very small limit (what you would expect with someone with a 600's score)

- 1 approval with a good SL but still somewhat low considering how strong their profile is

I've read tons of stories on here of people with very fair to barely good scores getting in at favorable limits. 

I'd like to hear from more people with high 760+ (preferably 800+)  scores and their stories regarding their Discover application.  Are there any approval success stories out there from someone that falls into that group that landed a very healthy (say $18k+) SL?

I appreciate all of the contributions in this thread thus far everyone! 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Discover "like" thick/aged squeaky clean files?

Just wanted to give an update here, my father applied for Discover today and was approved with a $13,500 SL.  Overall he was satisfied with that for now (since he beat my SL by $1000 no doubt) and he's happy that there's an opportunity to grow quickly with them via online SP requests.  At least he won't be left high and dry again should he be down 1 card, so mission accomplished.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.