cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Discover still delay reporting after CLI?

tag
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Does Discover still delay reporting after CLI?

Hello Myficoer's!

Does DIscover still delay reporting of a credit line for 1 statement after a CLI?  I know they use to, but is this still the case?

Thanks All !!

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AKO17
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Discover still delay reporting after CLI?

I can tell you they delayed the CLD I got about a month ago. It took 2-3 weeks to report, and has not actually reported to all 3 CRAs yet. Hope that helps. 

Message 2 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Mine has report every single month even with a CLI, which has been for the past few months in a row

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMuppet wrote:

Hello Myficoer's!

Does DIscover still delay reporting of a credit line for 1 statement after a CLI?  I know they use to, but is this still the case?

Thanks All !!

No, that glitch has been fixed.

Message 4 of 10
joshkm
New Contributor

They've done that to me in the past, but my CLI reported right away this month and I paid my balance down to $0 before my statement cut. I didn't think it'd show up until next month but they must have changed things.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didin't know they do such a thing. My discover cards report at least once a month, usually right after statement cut.
Message 6 of 10
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

DISCOVER WILL report off cycle anytime u want call and ask.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bigpoppa09 - That's awesome info right there. Thank you!
Message 8 of 10
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: So my big plan was to take advantage of the Discover non reporting status after a CLI so I could use my Discover card, during a mortgage refinance, so it would not report and hence effect my DTI Smiley Happy  Unfortunately Discover do indeed now report after a CLI, therefore I had to pay if off before the statement balance.  Thanks to everyone who responded.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine have always reported at statement cut following the CLI.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.