cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Discover update multiple times a month?

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Does Discover update multiple times a month?

I swear the my Discover card just posted on June 3 with a balance of $59. I pulled TC just a second ago and it posted today with $51. Has anyone else had any similar experiences with Discover?
Here we go again...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Discover update multiple times a month?

Yes, I have had them update mid cycle before. It's annoying.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What??  I just got a discover. They report twice a month??
Message 3 of 8
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Message Edited by ferferhess on 06-21-2008 09:35 AM
The hardest part is waiting!! I'm an instant gratification girl!!!
06/24/2008: TU 708, EQ 705, EX 712
06/09/2008: TU 699, EQ 688, EX 712
Message 4 of 8
athensguy
Valued Contributor

They quit doing two-cycle average daily balance, at least on new cards. They generally update to the CRAs once per month at the statement, but sometimes they have an extra update. I don't know why.
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

They posted twice on us by accident, but it was unrelated to the billing cycle. They updated as usual the day of our statement (the 18th) with a $0 balance, and then again about 10 days later with a balance. This was back when I only had a few cards, and I got dinged by TU for too many accounts with balances. (It was at Christmas time.)

I knew that it was an artificial score drop, and that it would come back, but I was curious, so I called Discover to politely ask WTH. They were baffled, and said they'd check into it, and about five days later (without my asking) updated AGAIN to show a back-to-$0 balance. (I had already paid it back down again.)

So I don't know what makes this sometimes happen, but if it's causing a problem, and you can't wait until the next normal date, you can call and ask them what's going on. They might restore it to the statement balance.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

only did this to me when I first got the card, right away report 0 balance then again that month with a $17 balance, after that it always update after the statement cuts

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 06-21-2008 09:01 AM
Message 7 of 8
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

I've had my Discover for 4 months now. It always reports monthly - but I also had one mid-statement extra update.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.