cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Discover use real FICO Scores? IE the FICO score that it gives you is a real one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Discover use real FICO Scores? IE the FICO score that it gives you is a real one?

Sorry if this question doesn't make sense but I applied and got my Discover card today and on the paperwork, it showed my Fico score and it was a tad higher than I thought it was because when I checked my fico score on a free site it was kinda low and this one was mid 600's. 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Discover use real FICO Scores? IE the FICO score that it gives you is a real one?

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry if this question doesn't make sense but I applied and got my Discover card today and on the paperwork, it showed my Fico score and it was a tad higher than I thought it was because when I checked my fico score on a free site it was kinda low and this one was mid 600's. 

The Discover score you were given is a real FICO 08 score.  The free site score depending on what it is may not be a FICO score.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Discover use real FICO Scores? IE the FICO score that it gives you is a real one?

That makes me really happy lol. Knowing my Score is higher than I thought. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than Discover Scorecard, I can't think of any free sites that provides free FICO not counting the ones you get as a card holder.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the paperwork say which bureau data they used to generate that score?  It should.  Hopefully it was EQ, as that's the only score you can't easily get for free.

Also, monthly you'll get your TU FICO 08 score from your Discover account going forward and through creditscorecard.com you'll get your EX FICO 08 score every month.

Message 5 of 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Discover free scorecard gives you Experian. DIscover credit card gives you Trans Union.

Both are "real" FICO scores. Both are FICO 08.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 6 of 9
rooeez
Regular Contributor

@MrsCHX wrote:

Discover free scorecard gives you Experian. DIscover credit card gives you Trans Union.

Both are "real" FICO scores. Both are FICO 08.

Concur. Except the free scorecard seems to only give me new scores every other month. You can get a free monthly FICO EX 08 score from Experian's free service also. 

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They used my Equifax score it says on my paperwork. 

Message 8 of 9
rprisco
Regular Contributor

I have the secured card, does anyone know what bureau they use when deciding to unsecure or for cli?
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.