Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FICO consider backdated AMEX cards as "NEW"

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Does FICO consider backdated AMEX cards as "NEW"

I was wondering, when you have a new AMEX card report that has been backdated a few years does FICO still consider it a new account?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Does FICO consider backdated AMEX cards as "NEW"

@IWOL wrote:

I was wondering, when you have a new AMEX card report that has been backdated a few years does FICO still consider it a new account?

No, that is the perk of backdating.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 15
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Know it won't happen but all lenders should backdate their productsSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 15
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

When experian reported mine is didnt even say new accunt added. I just got the AAOA boost & my score went up about points.

@ecxpa wrote:

Know it won't happen but all lenders should backdate their productsSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

yeh...looking forward to add the SPG in January 15 (skip the 2 years - new part) and hopefully by then Amex will remove FTF on that card as well Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

yeh...looking forward to add the SPG in January 15 (skip the 2 years - new part) and hopefully by then Amex will remove FTF on that card as well Smiley Happy

I am looking at possibly adding a prg or ed for some nice back dating ,don't know if my credit score can handle it tho 😢

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 15
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

nope, but its obvious upon a manaul review of your file, it will show no info ava on the months/yrs  that you didn't have the card

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 7 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@phillyguy12 wrote:

nope, but its obvious upon a manaul review of your file, it will show no info ava on the months/yrs  that you didn't have the card

you sure?

I was an AU on my brothers Citi card for a while and it backdated and reported all history from 2004-present on my reports. Perhaps, backdating on AMEX is different though?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 8 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

@phillyguy12 wrote:

you sure?

I was an AU on my brothers Citi card for a while and it backdated and reported all history from 2004-present on my reports. Perhaps, backdating on AMEX is different though?

LOL, if there is no history to report of course it will be blank. Smiley Wink I can 100% say with certainty that it will be blank prior to the reporting month. -- Only obvious on a manual review. A lot of lenders don't do too many of them anymore.

Message 9 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Apples and oranges.  When the original member first receives the backdated card there is no payment history when the card is first reported except for the one month reported.

When an AU is added the history of the TL shows up on the AU's report.  It showed up in your case because there was history.  If your brother's card was brand new when you were added as an AU you'd only have limited history as well.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.