cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FICO consider backdated AMEX cards as "NEW"

tag
AlfredoPasta

Re: Does FICO consider backdated AMEX cards as "NEW"

I was an AU on my mothers AMEX account when I was 16 in 1991. I got an individual AMEX account in that same year. (Ahhh the good old days Smiley Happy I recently got the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday and it had member since 2014. I contacted AMEX and they are overnighting me a backdated card to 1991. It certainly pays off to have an AMEX card when you are young.Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@phillyguy12 wrote:

nope, but its obvious upon a manaul review of your file, it will show no info ava on the months/yrs  that you didn't have the card

you sure?

I was an AU on my brothers Citi card for a while and it backdated and reported all history from 2004-present on my reports. Perhaps, backdating on AMEX is different though?

LOL, if there is no history to report of course it will be blank. Smiley Wink I can 100% say with certainty that it will be blank prior to the reporting month. -- Only obvious on a manual review. A lot of lenders don't do too many of them anymore

@takeshi74 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

I was an AU on my brothers Citi card for a while and it backdated and reported all history from 2004-present on my reports. Perhaps, backdating on AMEX is different though?

Apples and oranges.  When the original member first receives the backdated card there is no payment history when the card is first reported except for the one month reported.

When an AU is added the history of the TL shows up on the AU's report.  It showed up in your case because there was history.  If your brother's card was brand new when you were added as an AU you'd only have limited history as well.

Oh duh.....that makes sense.  Nvm then.....but either way AMEX backdating is a great perk.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 15
IWOL
Established Contributor

I used online chat on AMEX to request the correct member since date. Rep took care if it very quickly and said they will send out a new card with correct date. I have had a corporate platinum card since 2009 which I mentioned to the rep and she just said no problem......didn't ask for account number or anything.

Logged in a few minutes later and the MSD reflected 2009. Received my card today and activated it and now MSD shows 2007. AMEX rocks....they gave me 2 extra years for free.

Message 13 of 15
kd1000

I had an AMEX BLUE way back in 2001 that I cancelled in a few years. Recently I applied for 2 AMEX cards and it says Member Since 2014.. Contacted over chat and at first the rep didnt understand what I meant by back dating.. Later he opened a case for the back office to follow-up. It has been 3 days since the chat but I dont see any changes on my account... What do you suggest I do ?

Message 14 of 15
newhis
Valued Contributor

@kd1000 wrote:

I had an AMEX BLUE way back in 2001 that I cancelled in a few years. Recently I applied for 2 AMEX cards and it says Member Since 2014.. Contacted over chat and at first the rep didnt understand what I meant by back dating.. Later he opened a case for the back office to follow-up. It has been 3 days since the chat but I dont see any changes on my account... What do you suggest I do ?

They don't understand back dating, chat again and ask them to fix your MSD member since date, to 01.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.