Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fidelity not want my money?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Does Fidelity not want my money?

i tried to pay this invoice this morning, (I pay them more than once a month) and my Fidelity AMEX said I have exceeded the maximum amount payments for the calendar month?

What should I do. I am puzzled lol

Thanks 

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Fidelity not want my money?

@xgac12x wrote:

i tried to pay this invoice this morning, (I pay them more than once a month) and my Fidelity AMEX said I have exceeded the maximum amount payments for the calendar month?

Thanks 

Wierd, I'd call them.  Some lenders will put restrictions on how many times you can pay in a month for different reasons; I personally don't know why but someone may be able to theorize why FIA would have this.

        
Message 2 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

Thanks 

Wierd, I'd call them.  Some lenders will put restrictions on how many times you can pay in a month for different reasons; I personally don't know why but someone may be able to theorize why FIA would have this.

Discover has restrictions similar to this too. If more than 1 payments are made within in a 3 day period, the subsequent payments may be placed on hold. 

Chase used to have a similar policy about 1 payment per 3 days as well, though one can circumvent that by making the payment in person at a branch. They seemed to have gotten rid of that policy though, I think.....

Most likely it's just a fraud prevention issue to prevent the payments from being chargeback.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 9
fot1
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

Thanks 

Discover has restrictions similar to this too. If more than 1 payments are made within in a 3 day period, the subsequent payments may be placed on hold. 

Chase used to have a similar policy about 1 payment per 3 days as well, though one can circumvent that by making the payment in person at a branch. They seemed to have gotten rid of that policy though, I think.....

Most likely it's just a fraud prevention issue to prevent the payments from being chargeback.

Chase is one payment per day..

Too many to list..
Message 4 of 9
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

You can use online bill pay through your bank and push the payment out that way rather than using the CC website's interface.

Message 5 of 9
Galaim
Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

Thanks 

Can you initiate the payment from your bank's end rather than from the credit card? (Push payment vs Pull payment) Most people report that to be a way to pay more frequently than the # of Pull payments the CC allows.

Gardening since 12/01/13 with an escape on 4/22/14 for a good cause
Scores: 05/01/10: thin file/no score 08/11/11: 620 all (mortgage FICO) 04/25/14: 705 TU (Barclay) 695 EX (FNBO) 621 EQ (FAKO) In My Wallet:: Wells Rewards Visa $7k, Care Credit $5k, Wells Care Credit $3.6k, NFBO Overstock $4.5k, BarclayCard $2.5k, Capital One $300, Chase $1.8k, Lane Bryant $1.75k, QVC $1.7k, Best Buy $1k, Chase Amazon Visa $500, Target RED $500, Torrid (Comenity) $350, Macys $300, TOTAL $31k CL, 36% util

Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Also, from the bank's view, there aren't that many good reasons (for a consumer) to pay several times a month.  They gain the benefit of the float by not doing this, so why is someone doing this?  I would guess the most common reason is probably someone needs to spend more than the credit limit during the month.

And while technically that is sort of OK (the bank is never at risk more thanthe CL) if the CL is based on ability to pay vs income, then spending several times the CL can cause concern.   However, since pushes work fine, who knows the logic.

Message 7 of 9
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Citibank has a restriction too (or at least they did).  How many times have you tried this month?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 9
vpae
Established Contributor

I had the same problem just a few days ago with my fidelity amex. I think I made 3 payments this month and was denied a 4th, I have to wait til next month / statement.

My reason is just because I don't like seeing a balance on this card, I use it just for the 2% back and I pay it off as soon as I can. It's rarely about $1k so I'm not even using 10% of the CL.

This had happened one other time several months ago, I just forgot. Now a usage is going to post to the bureaus, oh well. I could push the payment I suppose.
12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.