cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does First Premeir ever raise the credit limits

tag
eyeball1

Does First Premeir ever raise the credit limits

I know they have high fees, but do they ever raise your limits passed $250, if you pay on time?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does First Premeir ever raise the credit limits

When i did have the crappy card they gave me a CLI after i had the card 6 months i was charged $25 for a $100 CLI. I canceled my card a few months back it had done it's job.

Message 2 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

First Premier is a subprime card.  Don't expect much from a subprime card.  Its good for rebuilding your credit only.  Unfortunately subprime cards comes with a price.  Get your scores in the 700's and then apply for prime cards. 
Message 3 of 6
TerrenceATL
Contributor

I got an increase after 6 months to $375 from $250. I asked for another one and they said I would have to wait another year before they would do another one. Like the previous poster said they charge you $25 every time they do increase it. It will never grow to what you want. Use it for what its worth to rebuild. It helped me out tremendously so I don't bash it like everyone else because I knew what I was getting into when I got it. You gotta start somewhere and everybody doesn't have the money to cough up to a secured card up front. At least you can get some history going till you can pay FP and their fees off. I used FP and Access to get me to a point where I could get Cap one, Hooters, HSBC and then use them to get to the next level while working hard to get rid of your baddies at the same time.
6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
9/24/09 EQ 761 * EX 729 (from NFCU loan app) * TU 666
Message 4 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

When someone just starting out with credit, its always best to apply for a store card first.  Apply for prime bank cards afterwards. You also want some type of installment loan on your credit repors for a mixture of credit. 

Message 5 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

OP, you could expect 1-3 CLIs with FP in the cards lifetime. They are not particularly interersted in you once your credit goes good. CLIs usually stall after the second one which youd get after an year from the first which is at 6 months.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.