Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GE open closed accounts?

tag
creditlady
New Contributor

Does GE open closed accounts?

I have a walmart card with a zero balance that was closed 6 months ago due to returned payments. Anyone know if GE opens closed accounts and do they hard pull if so?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Does GE open closed accounts?

It's doubtful with reason for closing, even if you reapplied. It's to soon in my opinion.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

+1 to what Cold said and GE does not open closed accounts anyway sorry 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
keithB
Established Contributor

I just recently opened an account with GE and when I did my payment info, I put in the wrong account number.  I know it is my fault but in my defense, my only computer at home is a mac and during the account setup process, I was getting logged out of GE Caps website.

Anyways, to make a long story short, they cancelled my account due to "returned" payments. Luckily I got ahold of an understanding account manager and she fixed it for me.  Seems to me that GE, now Synchrony Bank, is hard core tough and will cut you off without blinking an eye - even if it's an honest mistake =P

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.