Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GECRB ever lower APRs?!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Does GECRB ever lower APRs?!

Of all my credit lines w GE, I only owe on one: Paypal MC... I owe like $800 at this point. I know I posted previously that I'd pif, but I could only bear to part with about half of the bal at that time (was $1500). I could still pay the rest off, but $800 on a $20k line is nbd...

But the apr is 23.99%.
I've asked them a few times to reduce the APR; they always deny, stating that accts are reviewed blah blah blah

So has anyone here EVER gotten GE to reduce an APR?
Pre-credit crisis stores don't count lol--- so after 2008 is what I'm interested in.
:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Does GECRB ever lower APRs?!

Nope, that's how they make thier money.  Unlike visa etc. they don't get swipe fees.

Message 2 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AFAIK they do not. In all reality their cards arent ment to carry big balances other than deferred interest promotions.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It's a Mastercard, duh lol

Yeah, I know. I just don't wanna let go of another $800! I value my liquidity! I do, however, have a few cards still in their 0% bt offer periods lol i.e. Citi Dia, Freedom, And even Motiva lol.
Suppose I'll just pay it. Meh

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 11
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Thats why as I payoff GECRB credit cards, I shread them. some of their cards are at 29.99% and the default interest rate is rhe same 29.99%!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol yeah, I have a ton of credit from them but this is the only balance Ive ever revolved. I guess tossing them a bone for all the credit theyve extended me isn't so bad haha
Message 6 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Not sure what happened with this post Smiley Indifferent

What I meant to say was I agree with you that you need to "give them a bone" every now and then but PIF. I have 35K in credit lines with them andim VERY grateful of that and run a good bit of money through their cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 11
lithium78
Established Contributor

GECRB cards all have high APRs and they stay that way.  I have the Walmart Discover and the interest rate is always 22.9%, no matter what.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

GECRB cards all have high APRs and they stay that way.  I have the Walmart Discover and the interest rate is always 22.9%, no matter what.

The Sam's Club Discover is actually tiered based on your creditworthiness. I think you could get it down to 15%.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds? Low aprs, generous CLI's and  fairly easy to establish or reestablish credit!  Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.