cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GEMB/GE Capital Bank Limit Store Cards?

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Does GEMB/GE Capital Bank Limit Store Cards?

I currently have the GEMB CareCredit ($800 CL), Wal-Mart ($600) and JCP ($200 Smiley Mad ), but I was denied by Meijer very shortly thereafter and I'm wondering whether GEMB places a cap on how many of their cards they will allow you to have. I'd very much like the Amazon.com store card for and its terrific no-interest deals for the holiday season, but wonder about whether GEMB cuts off potential applicants after a time.

Any thoughts?

Edited for additional question:

Also, who does GEMB/Amazon store card pull? I have read varying accounts where they stray from TU and pull EQ.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
sweetschuni
New Contributor

Re: Does GEMB/GE Capital Bank Limit Store Cards?

bumpitty bump

I'd like to know too!

Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had three GEMB cards (Walmart, JCPenneys, Dillards) and they've all pulled EQ.

DH had Care Credit and they pulled EQ for him as well.

Maybe it depends on where you live.....

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in about number of cards GEMB allows.

Message 3 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't think they limit just like WFNNB (however if you apply all in one day you run some risks, think concorduser can share that?)

Lets see my friend has:

Gap

Carecredit

AF

AE

TJ/Max... feel like im missing some ill check my CR, I'm auth or joint on all of them.

Message 4 of 18
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I have several GE store cards and they have all pulled TU (in Michigan).  I have been denied for the meijer card twice.. seems to be a stickler.  Denial first was due to a BK (7 year old) reporting and the 2nd time was for AA of Accounts 3 yrs. Below is a list of GE store cards I have with the latest being Lowes, May of this year.  To me they may have some time of "max exposure" limit but not on accounts.

JCP-  2800 limit

Amazon- 3800 limit

QVC- 3200 limit

Lowes- 1800 limit

Lord & Taylor- 1000 limit

ABC Warehouse- 2500 limit

Walmart- 1950 limit

Sams Club - 8500 limit

Message 5 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

Let see:

American Eagle Outfitters- 300 CL

Banana Republic- 400 CL

Chevron- 500 CL

Gap- 200 CL

Old Navy 200 CL

JcPenny 500 CL

Pay Pal 500 CL

Walmart 375 CL

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a few GEMB accounts:

paypal $500

care $1000

jcpenny $1800

Walmart $850

I opened my JCPenny card in August  and it only had a limit of $150. It was my lowest limit by far but I just want access to their exttra coupons. I used it the first time this month for an $85 purchase. When I made this purchase I finally registered for online account access. About a week ago I went online to pay the balance and after I made my payment I saw the request increase button so I figured why not. They increased my limit from $150 to $1800.00. Quite a jump!  Last month I hit the love button on my walmart card and went from $450 to $850. Guess GEMB is feeling generousSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

They don't limit the number of cards you have with them. Between me and my husband we have over 10. However they will turn you down if you apply for too many at once. It sends up a red flag. Establish a good history with them and you should be able to get whatever you want! They are very generous!!!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

i doubt there is a limit i have several that ive gotten over the past 2 years

walmart- 1,650

amazon- 750

chevon- 650

paypal- 2100

hhgregg- 2000

amazon
Message 9 of 18
MrCredit
Established Contributor

If you are applying for all the GEMB cards at the same time they must certainly

will limit you and probably auto decline you for the third and beyond.. 

Maybe some fraud preventation mechanisms.

I remember because I had a JCP, apped for QVC, Paypal, and got approved. Then went for a GapCard, DENIED. Waited

30 days and approved. So YMMV. I dont have many GEMB cards anymore.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.