cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GEMB allow you to have more than one card?

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Does GEMB allow you to have more than one card?

I have had a GEMB Wal Mart card for almost 7 months now.  I am closing on a house today and I would like to have a couple of the bedrooms carpeted before moving in and I would like to do this through Lowe's.  I would like to apply for credit since they have some specials if you use their store card for your purchase.  Will they automatically turn me down since I already  have the Wal Mart card with them?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does GEMB allow you to have more than one card?

GE does not have a limit from what I know I have 3 cards with them. I think one member on here has like 6 or 7 cards with them.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 03-30-2009 10:26 AM
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 5 "store" cards with them. As far as I know, they don't have a limit.
Message 3 of 18
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if GEMB has a limit on cards you can have with them.  However I can attest to the fact that they will not automatically deny you if you have a Walmart and a Lowe's card.  I have both of these cards myself.  Good luck!
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree GEMB will allow more than 1 card with them.

Jc Pennys.

Sams Club.

Chevron.

Wal Mart.

Message 5 of 18
marty56
Super Contributor

I have Chevron and Sams.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 18
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

+1

I have to agree with everyone else. I personally have:

WalMart

Chevron/Texaco

Old Navy

Bass Pro

I have had mine less than a year and from what I have gathered they can be pretty stingy with the CL's. But they are Bk friendly. Mine Bk was 4/04 and low 600's score when I was approved for them. They pulled exclusively EQ for me in Washington St..

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with them allowing mroet han one card because I too have more than one account. Chevron/Texaco, Belk and Sams.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Walmart Discover, Lowes, Chevron Visa, and Ebay Mastercard all through GEMB
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I hop onto this thread, info might be useful to OP as well?

I am also considering Lowes, as I plan to close in a few weeks.  However, don't want to waste an inq. on a low limit card. Those of you that have a Lowe's card...was GEMB more generous with their limits than normal...and have you been victim of their rash of CLDs?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.