Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GEMB give credit if you have a bk?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does GEMB give credit if you have a bk?

If there is a chapter 7 bk on my report will I be banned from any GEMB accounts until the BK is completely off my report or does it just depend on my credit report?

Has anyone gotten a GEMB account with a discharged chapter 7bk present?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does GEMB give credit if you have a bk?

Well my original question is solved.  I just got approved for a GEMB/Dillards card with a TU Fico of 629.  The thing that I don't get is that I applied for a Walmart, JCP, and Old Navy card the same day, and the only one I was approved for was the Dillards card.

Any ideas why I would be approved for one GEMB card and not another?  Is there some kind of limit?

Message 10 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a BK in 2002 and got a GEMB/Ritz Camera line for $4500 6 months ago yet I was just declined a CareCredit account. Everything about my history looks better today than it did then. No rhyme or reason with GEMB.
Message Edited by beenthere on 01-02-2009 06:19 AM
Message 2 of 17
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

I too had a bk in 2004 I have gemb cards but there were some I was denied for, but know i realize it's ok bc i dont need any adl cards, i app'd for these in early spring/summer when i was approved for some of the others..but i've just come to the realization i think some gemb cards have stricter approval policies or require higher scores etc than others

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been interested in getting department store cards like Walmart, Old Navy, Discount Tire, Gap, and the ebay mastercard, etc.  Would you mind telling me which ones were approved and which ones were not?  Also I applied for Dillards. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 17
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

I have a BK7 from 11/05, and have two GEMB cards...  Walmart $900 and Dillard's Amex $2300.  No CLI's yet, but I've only had them since 9/08.
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for Sams, Walmart, and Dillards.  The letter I got back said it was declined due to Bankruptcy, but mine was discharged in July of 2004.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Ch7 BK in 9/2005 (discharged 1/2006).  In June 2008, I applied for a Walmart Discover card (based on a recommendation from the "BK Friendly Credit Cards Listed" thread) and was approved for a $900 line.  Six months later, I was able to get a CLI from $900 to $1650.

So to answer your question, yes, GEMB gave me credit despite the BK.

Curiously, GEMB also offers a Meijer MasterCard and when clicking on the link to apply for that card, at the very top of the application, it says that anyone who's had a BK should not apply for that particular card.  Weird.  (And a shame, considering I shop at Meijer a lot more than I do at Walmart.)

Message 7 of 17
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

My BK 7 was discharged Mar 05 and I have Old Navy 550, Gap 550, WalMart Discover 2K, Paypal 500, and I THINK that's all of my GEMB cards.

They seem to be a bit stingy with CLI, but I really don't care too much. I have had the PP line of credit for 15 mos, Gap and Old Navy since 4-08 and WalMart since 8-08

OOPS!! Missed one! JC Penny's  CL 550 since 4-08.

Message Edited by WannaHouse on 01-04-2009 08:17 PM

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 8 of 17
texasbill
Established Member

What if you included a GEMB account (or a few...) in a CH 7 bankruptcy? (IIB) Can anyone specify if this will keep them from approving you for a new account?

Hope this is right place to ask - first time posting on forum after reading for a bit.

Thanks.

EX = 650

EQ = 655

TU = 611

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my original question is solved.  I just got approved for a GEMB/Dillards card with a TU Fico of 629.  The thing that I don't get is that I applied for a Walmart, JCP, and Old Navy card the same day, and the only one I was approved for was the Dillards card.

Any ideas why I would be approved for one GEMB card and not another?  Is there some kind of limit?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.