Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GM card (HSBC Bank) report on Authorized User

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Does GM card (HSBC Bank) report on Authorized User

My wife just added me as an AU to her GM card in excellent standing (15 years, $10000 CL).

I have great credit but I don't have a high average age of accounts. Will this help my credit profile if it reports by raising the age of accounts? Or will it not do anything of that ilk? Anyone have any experience with the GM card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does GM card (HSBC Bank) report on Authorized User

@wollepopolle wrote:

My wife just added me as an AU to her GM card in excellent standing (15 years, $10000 CL).

I have great credit but I don't have a high average age of accounts. Will this help my credit profile if it reports by raising the age of accounts? Or will it not do anything of that ilk? Anyone have any experience with the GM card?

Being added to any card as an AU can help you IF the account is older than any of yours, IF the payment history is long and clean, IF the utilization is very low, and IF it will report to the CRA's. Not all cards will do this. You need to ask the company first. You will inherit the entire history of this account. One caveat however; if this account starts to go south your credit will be affected as well. Keep that in mind.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 4
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I just added my wife as an AU on 9/2 for the same card, and now I'm just waiting to see if/when it reports.

I remember that folks here said that HSBC reports based on the last day of the month, but that it can take two weeks after that for the account update to show up.

Message 3 of 4
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Marinevietvet, thanks for your education. I am aware of what you mention. Sorry, no offense but read the content of my post.I was specifically asking about the GM card.

Stantheman, let me know if they report. I'd be curious. There is no need for me to check my credit more than once a year currently so I don't subcribe to tracker tools (yes, I know I am cheap) and so I wouldn't find out right away if they did. I guess my wife could call HSBC. However, I have been told so many nonsense by phone reps. of CCC that I wouldn't take much stock in whatever they say. As long as it is not in writing it is willy-nilly!

Other GM card owners with AU? Please feel free to chime in.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.