Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Heavy Use = Higher CLIs?

tag
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does Heavy Use = Higher CLIs?

Helps with utilization

I'd never charge as much as my limit. Can't imagine charging more than a thousand in one sitting on a CC unless for a trip....

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 21 of 25
orl2185
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@orl2185 wrote:

I guess I'm the odd ball then. I barely use my cards period, yet get cli's quite a bit. WOW!!!!

Isn't this promoting getting into debt I presume just to get limit increases? SMH...Smiley Indifferent

This is not promoting getting into debt. This is just saying, shift spending around and continue to PIF.

OK, I think lol. Like it's mentioned prior YMMV. As for shift spending,  that's the credit overall picture if you have several accounts IMO.

Message 22 of 25
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I have a few cards that I'd like to see grow (short term and long) so I've been giving them more use. For example, my JCP card, only a $200. limit so I can't do much with that.  A quick purchase one night gave me a $192. balance but I PIF after the statement cut. It will be around $135. this month. Walmart, $600. CL, balance of $533. when the statement closed last month. PIF and will have a balance of around $180. when it closes this month. Others, I might not care as much or I doubt they will grow (like Target and Cap1) so they just get used when they need to get used. 

Oh, and the cards that I'd like to see increase, I'll make sure the balances are low when it comes time to ask for a CLI or if it's the month that they might auto increase. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 23 of 25
Sorainzo
Valued Member

Yeah, making sure that your utilization ratio for all of your revolving credit accounts is low before you apply for a CLI. The results may be favorable if you do. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 694
Goal Score: 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
My Current Cards: Capital One Cash Rewards - $5000, Chase Amazon Rewards - $1400, Citi Secured - $300, U.S. Bank Secured - $300, Firestone CFNA Card - $1200
Message 24 of 25
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Most Comenity (WFNNB) store cards definitely like you to use their cards and will give you CLI's every 6 months if you do.  

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.