Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Home Depot Backdate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Home Depot Backdate?

I was approved earlier for a Home Depot card and when I received my confirmation email it stated Member Since: 1999. I did have an account with Citi many years ago that I had forgot about. Are they like Amex and will report to the CB'S the backdated date? Any information is appreciated!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Home Depot Backdate?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved earlier for a Home Depot card and when I received my confirmation email it stated Member Since: 1999. I did have an account with Citi many years ago that I had forgot about. Are they like Amex and will report to the CB'S the backdated date? Any information is appreciated!

Amex is the only company that sets MSD as open date to a CRA.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a bummer! Thanks for the information!
Message 3 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

All the credit lending world are held hostage! Only AMEX is allowed to assist in improving FICO AAOA thru backdating. 

Must be thru some high dollar secret agreement Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

All the credit lending world are held hostage! Only AMEX is allowed to assist in improving FICO AAOA thru backdating. 

Any issuer could do this just the same, In fact a few high end store cards are known to do just this.

Message 5 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Any issuer could do this just the same, In fact a few high end store cards are known to do just this.

It's a conspiracy. No one else dare try it Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Actually I've seen A few posts that Nordstroms does
Message 7 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It would be nice if more major bank cc issuers than just Amex alone backdated for improving FICO AAOA.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

It would be nice if more major bank cc issuers than just Amex alone backdated for improving FICO AAOA.

Yes it would.. I guess it's one of those things that ensures that less people burn them?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

It would be nice for a while until everyone figured it out and started taking advantage of other ways of backdating. Eventually it would devalue the high FICO scores by making them too easy to attain.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.