cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Income matter- Chase Sapphire Prefered?

tag
tin369
Established Member

Does Income matter- Chase Sapphire Prefered?

I was looking at teh CSP online application and noticed that they now require just the applicant's income and time at job. Well My income is 50K and my time at the job has benn only 2 months. I am worried that they may decline me becuase of thse factors.

What has been your experience regarding income if not time at work.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Does Income matter- Chase Sapphire Prefered?

It would prob kick it out unless your an 800+
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 2 of 26
tin369
Established Member

my CK score is 727.

Message 3 of 26
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Keep in mind that CSP has minimum CL of $5K, so you should be set for income requirement.

Message 4 of 26
tin369
Established Member

I know and that worries me coz, the highest CL I have is $3000 and only 2 credit cards.

How good are my chances with Amex gold or Amex costco?

Message 5 of 26
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

@tin369 wrote:

I know and that worries me coz, the highest CL I have is $3000 and only 2 credit cards.

How good are my chances with Amex gold or Amex costco?

Why not just go to Amex site and see if you're preapproved. I heard they have their own internal scoring anyway. While it's not a sure thing it's better than nothing. Or just play it safe and get CS and then once you have some time established at the job PC to CSP.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 6 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

Almost all credit card CL are determined per your income I would think.

Length of work also is a factor. From talking to Discover/Chase/BOA, they like to see 2 + ;as it shows them stability.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income and length of time at current job are important factors for determining credit limit, and the CSP requires a 5K limit or higher.  50K income can be enough to get a 5K line, but only being at that job 2 months will hurt.  Having a high credit score would help, also how much is your monthly rent/mortgage and how much outstanding debt do you have?  Those will be considered as well.

Message 8 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Keep in mind that CSP has minimum CL of $5K, so you should be set for income requirement.

This is correct, but Chase would also like to see you have a CC with 5k or more for at least a year of good history.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 26
ajh5408
Contributor

The length of employment will hurt you more than the level of income. 50K is more than enough to get a 5K line...

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.