cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Jared does not update balance if balance is $0?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Does Jared does not update balance if balance is $0?

For months Jared is showing balance on my Credit Reports. But it is paid in full and account has $0 Balance. Do I have to call them to update the balance info on my reports?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Jared does not update balance if balance is $0?

Hi,

I would certainly call them and ask them to report the zero balance. Ask them why it hasn't been updated.

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I had to do this once with a store card. In fact, I had to dispute as "incorrect balance" with the CRA's to get it to update.

They've behaved since then, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
For months Jared is showing balance on my Credit Reports. But it is paid in full and account has $0 Balance. Do I have to call them to update the balance info on my reports?

Options:

1.  Call or write Jared's and ask them to update.

2.  Initiate online dispute with all 3 CRA's.  Dispute "Incorrect Balance"

NOTE:  Do not initiate online dispute unless your are the primary or joint account holder.  AU's who dispute and account for any reason will merely have the TL deleted from the CR, not updated.

SMALL RISK:  If you initiate a dispute of "incorrect balance" and the creditor does not respond in the legal timeframe, the entire TL could be deleted.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.