Did you mean: 

Does Macy's blacklist?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Macy's blacklist?

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The answer to your question is YES they blacklist, Macy's, Kaufmans, Dillards,Marshall Fields, Lazarus, Bloomingdales etc.are all under the same roof "Federated Department Stores" and if you default on one card then try to get another you are still in their databases even if it falls off your reports. If you don't believe me just apply and I can almost certainly guarantee you will be denied and they will tell you the reason in their letter to you about the prior account.

Call them and they will tell you the same thing. I am listing the number for you to call and tell them you have an old account that you wish to make good now that your situation has changed they will accept your payment and open up a new account right then and there. You won't get the old number with the history it will be a new account with a new number 1-800-627-2909 Just some good advice from someone who has gone through it already.

Good Luck

It's DSNB = Department Stores National Bank and they issue Macy's and Bloomingdale's cards. The accounts are administered by DSNB but actually owned by Citi.

Dillard's is not part of this. Dillard's cards are issued by GEMB.

Federated Department Stores is now know as Macy's Department Stores and Dillard's has never been a part of FDS or Macy's.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 11-26-2009 12:36 AM

Do some reading-----right here Macy's is Federated it's all the same thing. Read something before you start to criticize others I may have made a mistake about Dillards being under the Federated brand but SO WHAT...What is your problem. It seems you go out of your way to try and prove others wrong and you bring negativity to the table when there was none to begin with. Who cares if the name may of changed and who bought out who or.... where the cards are issued it still doesn't change the fact that what I said was right about the card reinstatment.

Message Edited by JoJo74 on 11-26-2009 07:35 AM
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The answer to your question is YES they blacklist, Macy's, Kaufmans, Dillards,Marshall Fields, Lazarus, Bloomingdales etc.are all under the same roof "Federated Department Stores" and if you default on one card then try to get another you are still in their databases even if it falls off your reports. If you don't believe me just apply and I can almost certainly guarantee you will be denied and they will tell you the reason in their letter to you about the prior account.

Call them and they will tell you the same thing. I am listing the number for you to call and tell them you have an old account that you wish to make good now that your situation has changed they will accept your payment and open up a new account right then and there. You won't get the old number with the history it will be a new account with a new number 1-800-627-2909 Just some good advice from someone who has gone through it already.

Good Luck

It's DSNB = Department Stores National Bank and they issue Macy's and Bloomingdale's cards. The accounts are administered by DSNB but actually owned by Citi.

Federated Department Stores is now know as Macy's Department Stores and Dillard's has never been a part of FDS or Macy's.

Do some reading-----right here Macy's is Federated it's all the same thing. Read something before you start to criticize others I may have made a mistake about Dillards being under the Federated brand but SO WHAT...What is your problem. It seems you go out of your way to try and prove others wrong and you bring negativity to the table when there was non to begin with. Who cares if the name may of changed and who bought out who or.... where the cards are issued it still doesn't change the fact that what I said was right about the card reinstatment.

Message Edited by JoJo74 on 11-26-2009 07:17 AM

Macy's was federated, but later became macy's inc. after various mergers and so on.

The point of this forum is to discuss and give out accurate and useful information, if someone makes a mistake and someone corrects them, they should not get offended by it. I've been corrected a number of times, it's not a big deal.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck

Do some reading-----right here Macy's is Federated it's all the same thing. Read something before you start to criticize others I may have made a mistake about Dillards being under the Federated brand but SO WHAT...What is your problem. It seems you go out of your way to try and prove others wrong and you bring negativity to the table when there was non to begin with. Who cares if the name may of changed and who bought out who or.... where the cards are issued it still doesn't change the fact that what I said was right about the card reinstatment.

Message Edited by JoJo74 on 11-26-2009 07:17 AM

Macy's was federated, but later became macy's inc. after various mergers and so on.

The point of this forum is to discuss and give out accurate and useful information, if someone makes a mistake and someone corrects them, they should not get offended by it. I've been corrected a number of times, it's not a big deal.

I'm not offended by anything it's just this person seems to go out there way, and I've noticed on many of this person other post to criticize and too prove others wrong and bring negativity. This person had previous posts removed by moderators because of this very thing. FDS DSNB,it's all the same mergers or not.

Message Edited by JoJo74 on 11-26-2009 07:40 AM
Message 13 of 15
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

This thread is locked and under mod/admin review. Flaming is not acceptable here and repeat offenders will be banned. If you can't be friendly, supportive and respectful, please don't post.

-Barry
Message 14 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just to amplify on Barry's post, the continuing problem that we are having in threads these days, including this one, is that some people just won't let things go.

If your experience is a bit different from another's, just pose your info in that way: "Huh, I've read this elsewhere, although when I app'd, yada yada yada. Interesting how different all our experiences can be! Glad it worked out for you/ so sorry it didn't work out for you; thanks for sharing your experience."

Here's an important thing that we all learn over time, if we don't cling too tightly to our own experiences and interpretations thereof: there are a lot of inconsistencies in credit applications, FICO scoring, and so forth. I was firmly convinced that I was re-bucketed when I added an old AU card, and I kept advising people of this for well over a year. Come to find out that I wasn't re-bucketed at all: I was still in the "dirty" bucket, but I just had longer history. That's a whole lot of flat-out wrong statements that I was making in complete and utter self-confidence. A little humility can go a log way around here.

And if you get a contradictory reply to something you said, please stop taking things so personally. Members here vary in how precise they want their info to appear, sometimes to the point of what appears to be endless, pointless, nit-picking, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're arguing with you. They're trying to clarify what feels like an important distinction in their minds.

For instance, as a moderator, I will often clarify/ gently correct a statement that seems a little too broad, one that might not apply to all. When I do this, I'm not trying to tell the poster that they are wrong, but that they might be seeing just a portion of the entire picture. That bit of advice that they gave might be harmful to someone else who tries to follow it, but who is coming from a different situation. Do remember that for every member who posts here, there could easily be 50-100 more who read the thread and take everything in it as gospel. I don't know about you, but I would really hate for someone to act on advice or an observation I made, which wasn't relevant to their situation, and they suffered something unpleasant as a result.

But anyway, getting back to the unfortunate fact that yet another thread has had to be locked, if something a member posts bugs you personally, don't reply. Push back from the desk and go take the trash out or rake leaves or something. If you don't immediately reply and escalate the situation, you will often find that other members will step up to your defense. At any rate, put it this way: these forums are being ruined for those of us who just honestly don't care that much about the endless wrangling, but who would like to see a collection of various results from other folks' credit actions.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.