cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Macys credit card report AUs to CRAs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Macys credit card report AUs to CRAs?

Yes, my DH is an AU on my Macy's card and it's on his CR.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys says they don't report AUs anymore. But you can try and see what happens. They won't ask for social, address, any of that information to even be able to look up your info even if they wanted to report you as an AU these days. I would say no, will not report unless you are a joint card holder they say.

But hold on, I can try to verify for you. BRB. Yup, I looked through some CRs from married couples and they were all joint accounts that I saw from what I had access to. No AUs from Macys.

That doesn't mean someone could not have gotten lucky DW or DH and Macys had their info already on file but all leads to not likely for most people I think. As you can see from the above post someone has been successful. Not sure what extra qualifying factors are needed for Macys to gain info needed to report in special situations.

They might report the Visa and not the store card on CRs. I could see that happening. I don't think the Visa shows up on TU, just EX and EQ but the store card shows up on all 3 CRAs. Good luck with Macys if you try. Don't be disappointed if the AU doesn't show up. Most people I have spoken to says no AU reporting.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-29-2008 01:13 PM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assumed that since the Macy's Visa reported as two TL's the Macy's portion would be the same whether or not you had the Visa.  DH definately does have it on his CR, but i do have the Visa
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I assumed that since the Macy's Visa reported as two TL's the Macy's portion would be the same whether or not you had the Visa.  DH definately does have it on his CR, but i do have the Visa

I wasn't disagreeing with your post. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, no worries.  I just had to make sure I wasn't crazy  Smiley Happy 

well...about this anyway...
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does DH have both tradelines from Macys reporing or just the Visa? Usually Macys reports 2 separate tradelines, one for the store and one for the Visa.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

He has both
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they do report, the next question is how does one get Macys to report on new AUs? Do they report as AU or Joint on his CR? Some report AUs as joint which is a plus but they are only AUs.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-29-2008 08:29 PM
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH's definately show as AU. 
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.