Contributor
trying_to_B_good

Does NFCU ever do open enrollment?

Does NFCU ever do open enrollment? and if so please tell me when usually. I see great things about them, here in the forums! Thanks for yalls responses 

IN THE GARDEN TILL 7/1/14!!!
Valued Contributor
visorboy1974

Re: Does NFCU ever do open enrollment?

trying_to_B_good wrote:

Does NFCU ever do open enrollment? and if so please tell me when usually. I see great things about them, here in the forums! Thanks for yalls responses 

Nope

New Contributor
GatorGuy

Family Members—including grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members

Once your family members have joined, their family members are also eligible for membership.

If you don't have any family, maybe its time to get a roommate! :smileyhappy:

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
09Lexie

Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

ROFLMAO....Now isn't that wishful thinking!!!!!

Unfortunately you are SOL if you don't meet any of their qualifications.  Check them out for yourself:

https://www.navyfederal.org/about/eligibility-checklist.php

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Frequent Contributor
JollehRoger

[ Edited ]

trying_to_B_good wrote:

They never have and I wouldn't hold my breath in hopes that they will because they won't. Credit Unions are required by law to have some sort of eligiblility requirements. They could skirt around it like some Credit Unions do by allowing people who donate to an certain organization in but Navy Federal would never do that because it would violate the trust of members by allowing people in willy nilly like that. Navy Federal caters to military folks and their family members and as such is very stringent about eligibility. Three years ago when Navy Federal absorbed USA Federal Credit Union there was an easy way in if you paid 5 dollars to a member organization which made you eligible for USA Fed and then waited until Navy Fed merged your accounts over. Some people were able to sneak in by doing this but quite a few got stung when Navy Federal caught on and closed their accounts. I myself did not get in this way, I was already a member by then.

Scores: TU - 762 (Discover FICO - 6/01/2014), EQ - 716 (MyFico FICO - 12/1/2013)
Current Cards: NFCU cashRewards Sig - 5k, Amex BCE - 6.8k, Discover It - 5k, Citi Dividend WE- 5k, Chase Freedom - 2.5k
Last App: 6/10/2014. In the garden for a few years.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+