Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NFCU ever do open enrollment?

tag
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

Does NFCU ever do open enrollment?

Does NFCU ever do open enrollment? and if so please tell me when usually. I see great things about them, here in the forums! Thanks for yalls responses 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Does NFCU ever do open enrollment?

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

Does NFCU ever do open enrollment? and if so please tell me when usually. I see great things about them, here in the forums! Thanks for yalls responses 

Nope

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 6
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Family Members—including grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members

Once your family members have joined, their family members are also eligible for membership.

If you don't have any family, maybe its time to get a roommate! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

ROFLMAO....Now isn't that wishful thinking!!!!!

Unfortunately you are SOL if you don't meet any of their qualifications.  Check them out for yourself:

https://www.navyfederal.org/about/eligibility-checklist.php

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 6
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

They never have and I wouldn't hold my breath in hopes that they will because they won't. Credit Unions are required by law to have some sort of eligiblility requirements. They could skirt around it like some Credit Unions do by allowing people who donate to an certain organization in but Navy Federal would never do that because it would violate the trust of members by allowing people in willy nilly like that. Navy Federal caters to military folks and their family members and as such is very stringent about eligibility. Three years ago when Navy Federal absorbed USA Federal Credit Union there was an easy way in if you paid 5 dollars to a member organization which made you eligible for USA Fed and then waited until Navy Fed merged your accounts over. Some people were able to sneak in by doing this but quite a few got stung when Navy Federal caught on and closed their accounts. I myself did not get in this way, I was already a member by then.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.