Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NFCU have auto CLI or luv button?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Does NFCU have auto CLI or luv button?

I frequently check "My Offers" on my NFCU dashboard, so I'm wondering if they have a LUV button. Or has anyone gotten an auto-cli from them?

I read a lot of posts about people asking for CLIs from Navy, but don't recall anyone just receiving one... or about Navy having a luv button.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Does NFCU have auto CLI or luv button?

I have heard of auto CLIs from NFCU, but I think its rare. The whole "luv" button thing is just an option to request a CLI in my opinion. And NFCU does have it, you just have to go through a series of buttons to get to it.

Message 2 of 13
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

I've never seen luv button on their site, and I've had my card for about 14 or 15 months...have yet to receive an auto CLI, but I'm in no rush...
Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a friend with an NFCU rewards card and he tells me that he gets auto credit limit increases quite regularly.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can find the luv button by clicking on the Account Services tab. It's under "Credit & Debit/Visa Check Cards"

Message 5 of 13
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

I have gotten 2  auto CLIs each on my NFCU Flagship Visa Sig and Platinum MC over the last year or so.  Never had to call in and ask for it.

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 6 of 13
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I know there is a link on the site where you can request a CLI, but in my understanding, that is different than the "luv button" popping up on someone's acct., signifying that you're prime for a CLI.

It's good to hear that some people have gotten auto-CLIs; though it sounds like it's not very often. I'd really like a CLI w/o a HP. At least now I know it's a possibility. Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 13
Datx
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I know there is a link on the site where you can request a CLI, but in my understanding, that is different than the "luv button" popping up on someone's acct., signifying that you're prime for a CLI.

It's good to hear that some people have gotten auto-CLIs; though it sounds like it's not very often. I'd really like a CLI w/o a HP. At least now I know it's a possibility. Smiley Happy

I think that would be the first time I heard of this. Not saying it isnt true. but just havent heard of it myself. There are quite a few CC companies that offer a CLI button online, but it doesn't necessarily mean you are qualified for one. For example, Barclays has a 'Boost your buying power" button where you can request a CLI right on the front page, but that doesnt necessarily means you been pre-approved for one.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU does, indeed, have a luv button. You can click on "Account Services" from the main navigation menu, and then select "Increae my credit limit" from the "Credit & Debit/Visa Check Cards" listing. Typically, it's a hard pull.

HOWEVER, NFCU most certainly does do auto CLIs. I get them at least once per year (on my cards bdays), and occasionally a random CLI here and there. For example, I just got a CLI at some point over the last few days (didn't notice until I went to check the path to the luv button for you). I've gotten an auto CLI from 18.5k to 21.6k (odd number, huh?) on one card (no CLI on the other, but it was just auto CLI'd *with the other* a couple of months ago).

Message 9 of 13
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Datx wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

I think that would be the first time I heard of this. Not saying it isnt true. but just havent heard of it myself. There are quite a few CC companies that offer a CLI button online, but it doesn't necessarily mean you are qualified for one. For example, Barclays has a 'Boost your buying power" button where you can request a CLI right on the front page, but that doesnt necessarily means you been pre-approved for one.

Well, then I'm a little confused. I know the luv button doesn't mean you're pre-approved, but I thought it meant that you were selected by the CCC for the luv button to show up. based on your history with the CCC.

I guess I don't quite understand then, why people get so excited when they see the "luv button" pop up on their account. If it's just there all of the time (which it is on the accounts I've seen), then what is all of the excitement about? It's just a navigational item on the website for customers to ask for a CLI. It doesn't mean you're any more likely to receive a CLI at this time than at any other. Hmm.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.