Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NFCU pull EQ?

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Does NFCU pull EQ?

Does NFCU pull EQ exclusively? My grandfather is eligible for membership so I was thinking of asking him to join and then I would join.

Does he have to become a member before I do? Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does NFCU pull EQ?

They pull TU as well as EQ historically, and I've heard of a very few exceptions where they even pull Experian though that's not normal at all given their pull distribution.  They aren't a single bureau puller as some other CU's are.

I think he has to join before you do, or at least that's certainly the easiest route; you may be able to do it otherwise but it'll be more of a challenge I suspect.

        
Message 2 of 11
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I was hoping to get in with them with my EQ being the highest score. Do you know of any CUs that exclusively pull EQ?

I have no inqs on that bureau also.

Message 3 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MrCredit wrote:

I was hoping to get in with them with my EQ being the highest score. Do you know of any CUs that exclusively pull EQ?

I have no inqs on that bureau also.

Lots but I wouldn't worry about it with your signature lines honestly.  NFCU is absolutely a good lender and I recommend pretty much everyone to get membership if they're qualified.

Others though that pull EQ exclusively, Penfed, DCU come immediately to mind, there are several others too.  The vast majority of east-coast CU's pull EQ though there are some outliers.

        
Message 4 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I agree fully with both posts by Revelate, but I'll add NFCU will often pull both EQ and TU and possibly more than once (I think I took 2 hits on EQ and 1 on TU  for membership and CC).  As others have said NFCU is a bit "Pull Happy"  but worth it.  Smiley LOL

I checked my latest EQ report and seems NFCU switched one of their HPs to a soft (I never asked them to).  There were 2, 1 each on the 11th and 12th of Dec 2011,  maybe that's why they changed it.

I also don't think you'll have a problem, it's easier if your Grandfather joins first or the same day, either way, they probably already have  his military connection in their database anyway, not sure why (they did with my father but he had been a member then left many years prior).  You (and your Grandfather probably) will still be asked verification questions so be ready, birthday ranges of military relatives and possible approximate addresses.  So be prepared LOL.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 11
Mellon
Established Contributor

They have only pulled EQ for me (all products). I'm in NC

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I joined a few weeks ago, they pulled TU, then they also pulled EQ.

You don't have to have him join for you to join.  I called and talked to a very nice woman about membership and told her my grandfather retired from the Air Force and asked her if I was eligible.  She said I was and took all of my information, gave me my access number, ordered my debit card, and had me set up my pin.  It was a breeze and took about 10 minutes.

Message 7 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

They pulled EQ and EQ for me only

They can be HP happy.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull EQ for new memberships. For loans/CL's in the first ~30-60 days they generally will pull at least TU (although sometimes both). After the intial period, generally at least 30 days but def safe by 3 months, they'll pull just EQ for loans and CL's.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

They can be HP happy.

Oh, and THIS.

I've never seen a SP from them for anything. It took an act of congress for me to convince them to not do a second hard pull on the day I signed up as a authorized user (on my wife's account as a path to membership) and then signed up as a member.

They also will not share HP data between departments. Expect a seperate HP for each line you try to open with them, even in the same week or on the same day. Not sure why.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.