Established Member

Does Orchard Bank always....?

I got approved for an unsecured card, but do they always require you to send in a processing fee before you even get your card? Is it possiable to be denied credit after it already says that you are approved and you send in your fee? If this is how they do it, I would rather not use them. If I can get this card, is there any other card that I could get besides Credit one? I already have that one.

thanks!

12/10/10 Score 418
C/C's:
Orchard Bank / Unsecured / $300 Limit
Credit One / Unsecured / $250 Limit
Trying to pull the score back up after some collections and student loan LP's.
Epic Contributor

Re: Does Orchard Bank always....?

Best Buy Mastercard by HSBC

Capital One

Macys 

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Member

My exp is only 570. Cap One said that I had no preapprovals, and I'm black listed from Macy's most likely bc I have a charge off in late 05

12/10/10 Score 418
C/C's:
Orchard Bank / Unsecured / $300 Limit
Credit One / Unsecured / $250 Limit
Trying to pull the score back up after some collections and student loan LP's.
Established Contributor

You should check the preapproval for the regular HSBC and for the RZMC backed by HSBC. Those are fairly easy to get although I was denied both opened a credit one had it satisfactory for 2 months and then tried again and got both. So they like to see 1 positive CC open in my experience but its a preapproval and doesnt cost a hard inquiry so if denied no harm.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Credit Goals
1. No Lates
2. Join the 700 club
3. No inquiries
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

TryAgain88 wrote:

I got approved for an unsecured card, but do they always require you to send in a processing fee before you even get your card? Is it possiable to be denied credit after it already says that you are approved and you send in your fee? If this is how they do it, I would rather not use them. If I can get this card, is there any other card that I could get besides Credit one? I already have that one.

thanks!

I have 2 cards from Orchard. My first, which is now 4 years old, had no fee. The second, this year, did. Both have been good rebuilders.

CB

Message Edited by charliebrown1370 on 01-05-2010 07:27 PM

Starting Score: EQ 618 TU 585
Current Score: EQ 680 TU 698 EX 681 (lender pull 04/2010)
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

okstatefan5945 wrote:
You should check the preapproval for the regular HSBC and for the RZMC backed by HSBC. Those are fairly easy to get although I was denied both opened a credit one had it satisfactory for 2 months and then tried again and got both. So they like to see 1 positive CC open in my experience but its a preapproval and doesnt cost a hard inquiry so if denied no harm.

If you go through their pre-approval process and it shows a card you are pre-approved for, at that point there has only been a soft inquiry on your credit report.  However, once you click and accept the pre-approved card you will get a hard inquiry.

And the kicker is that they can -- and often do -- decline you for the card they say they pre-approved you for.

IAALBNYL
Frequent Contributor

O6 wrote:

okstatefan5945 wrote:

If you go through their pre-approval process and it shows a card you are pre-approved for, at that point there has only been a soft inquiry on your credit report.  However, once you click and accept the pre-approved card you will get a hard inquiry.

And the kicker is that they can -- and often do -- decline you for the card they say they pre-approved you for.

Check the application terms. The card I applied for stated that if I was not approved the fee would be returned.

CB

Starting Score: EQ 618 TU 585
Current Score: EQ 680 TU 698 EX 681 (lender pull 04/2010)
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

O6 wrote:

okstatefan5945 wrote:

My wife and I have used it three times 1 for an orchard, 1 for a HSBC, and 1 for the RZMC and they all were approved after the preapproval. It is a YMMV like anything else but the preapproval selector is the closest you will get without actually applying for a card to get an idea of what you may be approved for.

2011 Credit Goals
1. No Lates
2. Join the 700 club
3. No inquiries
Senior Contributor

charliebrown1370 wrote:

O6 wrote:

okstatefan5945 wrote:

Check the application terms. The card I applied for stated that if I was not approved the fee would be returned.

CB

Sure, they have to refund the fee.  Too bad they don't refund the inquiry.  :smileyhappy:
IAALBNYL
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.