Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PC mean new TL on CR?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Does PC mean new TL on CR?

I want to PC my Citi Dividend to Forward. It's a brand new CC that I haven't used yet. I decided to start a new thread addresssing this question specifically: If I PC my Dividend to a Forward, will there end up 2 new accts/TLs on my CR? Or will the Forward replace the Dividend, so I'll only have 1 new acct on my CR?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Does PC mean new TL on CR?

Normally the way PCs work is you keep the same account number (or if they change it, it will just update the current entry on your CR) and your account internally with them changes, and any CLIs or something will reflect on your next statement. 

Not sure about citi in particular but that's how it usually goes down AFAIK. 

Message 2 of 3
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Does PC mean new TL on CR?

Last poster is right but different from issuer to issuer.  For example, Walmart to Walmart discover is stinky as they close old account and report new account on credit report.  Sorry no specific knowledge on Citibank.  I would just call them.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.