cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Penfed Thrift Credit Report to CRA's?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Penfed Thrift Credit Report to CRA's?

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't remember how quick they are to report, but I do remember that they reported my LOC a week or two prior to reporting my CC.

It reports to all three as a revolving LOC.

LOC might different from Thrift Overdraft protection. Are you sure they are reporting your thrift overdraft protection as LOC.

Mine is. They offered it last year when I opened a checking with them. It reads as a LOC and scored as a revolving TL. I figured if CC armageddon came and I lost all of my CCs, then at least I have my trusty Penfed LOC to carry my credit mix.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't remember how quick they are to report, but I do remember that they reported my LOC a week or two prior to reporting my CC.

It reports to all three as a revolving LOC.

LOC might different from Thrift Overdraft protection. Are you sure they are reporting your thrift overdraft protection as LOC.

I'm sure.  I only have two credit accounts at PenFed -- one the CC and the other the Thrifty Credit Service.  The TCS is the overdraft protection and reports as "Check Credit or Line of Credit" on EX, "Line of Credit" on EQ and on TU as "Revolving Account" when I pull my USAA 3-in-1.

Message 12 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Interesting. From the posts I read, it does not report to some people and does report to others.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Interesting. From the posts I read, it does not report to some people and does report to others.

It is interesting.

Maybe someone could call PenFed and ask them how it works.

Message 14 of 15
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Mine reports to all 3

Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.