cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Penfed use the same HP within 30 days?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Does Penfed use the same HP within 30 days?

I got approved for Penfed Thrifty Credit Service yesterday over the phone. A friend of mine told me they used same HP to approve any credit products within 30 days. Is that true?

Ron.

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Penfed use the same HP within 30 days?

I think the lady told me on the phone 90 days, but she may have said 30, as well. Not sure.
Message 2 of 55
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I got approved for Penfed Thrifty Credit Service yesterday over the phone. A friend of mine told me they used same HP to approve any credit products within 30 days. Is that true?

Ron.

I also believe it's even longer than 30 but you for sure have 30.... APPLY AWAY RON, can't wait to hear all the products you get Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks!!!! I am looking at Penfed Rewards Visa Signature card.  I got a HP from EQ.

Ron.

Message 4 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks!!!! I am looking at Penfed Rewards Visa Signature card.  What do you guys think?

Ron.

Message 5 of 55
texastrojan
Established Member

Both of my vehicles get below average to super below average MPG so the 5% cash back with the Penfed Cash Rewards card was too good to pass up for me.

Message 6 of 55
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

It used to be 90 days if they have not changed it

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

It used to be 90 days if they have not changed it

Thanks for the info. I need to wait for Thrifty Credit Service to show up on the lineup.

Ron.

Message 8 of 55
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

you should be good to go Ron. I got instantly approved when i opened my checking account last week. Still was one HP for both. Got approved for 22.5k without needed any other documentation and surprised since i have opened about 6 accounts this year already.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 9 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

I searched the old thread. Penfed changed from 90 days to 30 days policy for using the same HP.

link:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PenFed-reusing-a-pull/m-p/1681350/highlight/true#M46667...

Ron.

Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.