cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Penfed use the same HP within 30 days?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Does Penfed use the same HP within 30 days?

@Anonymous wrote:

For what it's worth, I just got the PenFed Amex (after joining PenFed in the same phone call) with a 5K limit, instant approval. I have short credit but had no inquiries on EQ at the time, and credit score was probably somewhere in the 750s. Also, by Credit:Income ratio at the time was about 2:3, and I think that might have helped me avoid the "Pyramiding" label.

Point is that they don't seem THAT conservative, at least they weren't towards me.

Congrats !

Ron.

Message 31 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Super excited to get in the mail. Booking trip to Paris with it celebrate!

Message 32 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! Super excited to get in the mail. Booking trip to Paris with it celebrate!

Having a good trip! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 33 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. I went ahead to appy and got approved.

Penfed Rewards1.jpg

Message 34 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats! Now I am getting the itchy finger. 

Here is a question though. Why do most people seem to go for the Platinum Rewards vs the Cash Rewards? With the points value, Platinum is ~4% cashback on gas, Cash is 5%. 

Message 35 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice! Congrats! Now I am getting the itchy finger. 

Here is a question though. Why do most people seem to go for the Platinum Rewards vs the Cash Rewards? With the points value, Platinum is ~4% cashback on gas, Cash is 5%. 

Thanks!!!! It is because it is a Visa Signature card. Smiley Very Happy By the way, it has 3% on groceries.

Ron.

Message 36 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? I've never used the Visa Signature supposed benefits. I have a Siggy, I think I got a discounted movie ticket at some point but that's it. 

Message 37 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Really? I've never used the Visa Signature supposed benefits. I have a Siggy, I think I got a discounted movie ticket at some point but that's it. 

Yes, It is same here. I never used the benefits.  I couldn't tell the difference when I used it.

Ron.

Message 38 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

So why not go for the full 5% penfed cash rewards?

Message 39 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So why not go for the full 5% penfed cash rewards?

That one is used for gas purchase. You won't get any cash back (0%) for other purchase. You can get at least 1 rewards on other purchases for Penfed Rewards Visa.

Now you have the choice to choose between those two.

Ron.

Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.