cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Pier 1 through Comenity Bank use shopping Cart trick?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Does Pier 1 through Comenity Bank use shopping Cart trick?

Does Pier 1 offer shopping trick for credit card by chance?
I feel like only the clothing stores they back do but I hadn't realized it wasn't Chase anymore.
Funny was sales associate was saying I should apply and I said "oh, Is it still Chase?"
She said " No, Pier 1 left them and went to a bank that specialized in retail credit because Chase had our customers down to a 44% approval and now we are at about 73%"
I kind of had a skip in my heart that she knew such a thing and I loved it!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does Pier 1 through Comenity Bank use shopping Cart trick?

@Creditaddict wrote:

I feel like only the clothing stores they back do but I hadn't realized it wasn't Chase anymore.
Funny was sales associate was saying I should apply and I said "oh, Is it still Chase?"
She said " No, Pier 1 left them and went to a bank that specialized in retail credit because Chase had our customers down to a 44% approval and now we are at about 73%"

GASP... No One?

Message 2 of 4
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

After Pier 1 changed from Chase to Comenity, I tried several times last year to get the shopping trick to work.  It never would. 

So after a couple of months of trying, I finally gave up and decided to just apply for it online and was instantly approved for $1500.  A couple of months ago I received a $500 CLI with a SP.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

GASP... No One?

I doubt it.

I feel like the shopping cart trick really just works on the clothing stores (and maybe the Sportsman's Guide if you're lucky.). I've tried on most of the other sites and have had no luck at all.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.