Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 556
Registered: ‎01-31-2008
0

Does Pre-Qual hav any value?

Should people read anyting into pre-qualifed offers.  Does receiving one mean you're more likely to qualify?  Does not receiving any suggest any outward risk on its own? 

Chase Freedom: $1500, Citi Diamond Preferred: $3000, Barclays: $3900, Chase Disney Visa: $1500, Chase Southwest Signature: $5000, Citi TY Preferred: $3000, Cap One Platinum: $1750, Cap One Platinum Rewards: $2500, Orchard Bank: $900, Kay Store Card: $4500
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,615
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: Does Pre-Qual hav any value?

The words "pre-qualified" or "pre-approved" means there's a very high probability of approval.

 

The "pre-selected" doesn't mean anything.

Established Contributor
Posts: 556
Registered: ‎01-31-2008
0

Re: Does Pre-Qual hav any value?


Open123 wrote:

The words "pre-qualified" or "pre-approved" means there's a very high probability of approval.

 

The "pre-selected" doesn't mean anything.


Thanks...so does not having any pre-qualified offers mean your not likely? 

Chase Freedom: $1500, Citi Diamond Preferred: $3000, Barclays: $3900, Chase Disney Visa: $1500, Chase Southwest Signature: $5000, Citi TY Preferred: $3000, Cap One Platinum: $1750, Cap One Platinum Rewards: $2500, Orchard Bank: $900, Kay Store Card: $4500
Contributor
Posts: 135
Registered: ‎05-25-2013
0

Re: Does Pre-Qual hav any value?

I was pre selected for a chase freedom, but applied and received instant approval for a chase sapphire preferred. Those don't really mean anything, it still depends on your score and report and their internal scoring system.



Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 701EQ MyFico 725TU(NFCU pulled)
Goal Score: 720


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge


Joined the Garden Club 6/1/13
Established Contributor
Posts: 556
Registered: ‎01-31-2008
0

Re: Does Pre-Qual hav any value?


kilj0y wrote:
I was pre selected for a chase freedom, but applied and received instant approval for a chase sapphire preferred. Those don't really mean anything, it still depends on your score and report and their internal scoring system.

Thanks.  I'll try not to read too much into whatever i see on the pre-qualified tools on CC sites.  After all, if they're not pulling anything they can't tell anything anyway.  I'm a ways from applying for anything new anyway, so no big deal.  Just curious is all.

Chase Freedom: $1500, Citi Diamond Preferred: $3000, Barclays: $3900, Chase Disney Visa: $1500, Chase Southwest Signature: $5000, Citi TY Preferred: $3000, Cap One Platinum: $1750, Cap One Platinum Rewards: $2500, Orchard Bank: $900, Kay Store Card: $4500
Established Contributor
Posts: 697
Registered: ‎03-16-2012
0

Re: Does Pre-Qual hav any value?

I think the chances of approval is greater when youre prequalified...my dad got both the discover ($5.5k) and citi TY pref ($4.5k) with preapprovals on their site... his report still has one CO from 2010

Starting Score: TU: 598 03/23/2012 EQ:607 05/24/2012 EX:607 04/26/2012 (lender pull) EX FAKO:522 03/2012
Current Score: TU(Myfico)04/2013:689 EQ(Myfico)04/2013:701 EX(AMEX pull)04/01/2013:675 (CreditSecure FAKOS) 5/14/2013 EX:726 EQ:701 TU:730 TU(Walmart):699
Barclay Rewards:5k/Cap1:$3.5k/Cap1:$2.5k/Citi TYP:2k/Freedom:$5k/Slate:3k/Marriott visa sig 5k/BCE:$1k/Zync: $500 PSL/Discover IT:$1.9k/Walmart:$8k/Chevron:$5k/Gap:$5k/Kay:$3.4kk



Regular Contributor
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎05-16-2013
0

Re: Does Pre-Qual hav any value?


EaglesFan2006 wrote:

kilj0y wrote:
I was pre selected for a chase freedom, but applied and received instant approval for a chase sapphire preferred. Those don't really mean anything, it still depends on your score and report and their internal scoring system.

Thanks.  I'll try not to read too much into whatever i see on the pre-qualified tools on CC sites.  After all, if they're not pulling anything they can't tell anything anyway.  I'm a ways from applying for anything new anyway, so no big deal.  Just curious is all.


I've been wondering this same thing and after my experience, IMO, they aren't helpful.  For one, I'm opted out, so I don't know if that makes a difference. But, I did the pre-qual on Chase, they found no offers.  I did the creditcards.com, they gave me First Premier and AF cards, also secured.  My EQ score was 683 at the time.  I applied and was approved for BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy at $6,000.  So, I don't believe they are helpful from my personal experience.

 

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Epic Contributor
Posts: 23,839
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Does Pre-Qual hav any value?


jlfce1 wrote:

EaglesFan2006 wrote:

kilj0y wrote:
I was pre selected for a chase freedom, but applied and received instant approval for a chase sapphire preferred. Those don't really mean anything, it still depends on your score and report and their internal scoring system.

Thanks.  I'll try not to read too much into whatever i see on the pre-qualified tools on CC sites.  After all, if they're not pulling anything they can't tell anything anyway.  I'm a ways from applying for anything new anyway, so no big deal.  Just curious is all.


I've been wondering this same thing and after my experience, IMO, they aren't helpful.  For one, I'm opted out, so I don't know if that makes a difference. But, I did the pre-qual on Chase, they found no offers.  I did the creditcards.com, they gave me First Premier and AF cards, also secured.  My EQ score was 683 at the time.  I applied and was approved for BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy at $6,000.  So, I don't believe they are helpful from my personal experience.

 


Opted out will not allow you to use the pre-qual sites.

 

and if you do the pre-qual or pre-approved whatever the wording is on Chase, Citi, Discover... those are SOLID approvals if you get an offer. I have not seen those turn out declined after being offered and clicking to actually apply.

and yes the real pre-approval links like on chase.com, citi, etc. are pulling SP on your credit, so they do have real information about you.

Fico Scores: EQ- 662., TU 684 Barclay, EX 700 (3/21/15)

You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
72 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.