cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Red Apple United Refining Co reinstate cards that were put into BK?

tag
mikey4833
Valued Member

Does Red Apple United Refining Co reinstate cards that were put into BK?

I have a question in general.. I applied for a Gas pay in full charge card Red Apple / United Refining. The card is not extended through a bank. I applied and got a latter saying if I paid my $440 discharged balance they would continue to process my application.. I called the place talked to a girl in collections/new accounts and she said just pay off entire amount and we will reinstate your gas card from feb 2009. That was put into BK Chap 7 and discharged. I have her phone recorded saying this she was aware of the recording we made a deal per say. It wouls give me over 4 years of credit history... She asked me to sign the letter and ask to have my wife's name removed since it was a joint account and I re-applied as a individual. I asked if they had authorized users she said no so she was removed and I signed the paper and mailed it back called my capital one card and requested a $440 balance transfer. As soon as payment is received I get a re-instated card from Feb 2009 5 months before I filed BK. Is this legal? I heard they cannot extend credit pre-bankrupt and can get fined for this. But I don't care I hope I didn't get jipped even though I got the recording. I hope they send my old card like she said same old account number. Its listed as included in BK on 2 credit files. and not reporting on 1 at all. Will the credit bureaus allow that out of that section and let them change the status of that account it will help my AAoA alot. Any info here guys I should know?

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mikey4833
Valued Member

Re: Does Red Apple United Refining Co reinstate cards that were put into BK?

Has anyone ever had their credit card re-instated after a chapter 7 bk meaning you pay off the balance they give you the same old origional credit card back with same old terms and conditions and on your credit it would say origional opened date before you filed bk on it?? I tried to get my Capital One card back I owed $5700 on it I was willing to sign a debt refirmation but they said they cannot and will not reinstate any account opened prior to bankruptcy whether it was included or not someone in the Cap 1 executive's office. Like Chase Bank I asked them if I got the money somehow $27,000 and piad the discharged account off would they re-open it? They said straight out no before. They just let it go and gave me a $700 Chase Slate. I love Chase. I wish I could change this card to the Chase Freedom Card.

Back to origional question; no ones ever heard of United Refining Company out of Warren PA? Red Apple store gas charge pay in full card? Any info would be greatly appreciated on this subject for me.

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.