***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does Saks keep a blacklist?

@pazuzu wrote:

Old acct was IIB eight yrs ago.

I think you are good after 8 years... not sure HSBC "now Capital One" even had the accounts back 8 years ago... but "SOME times transfers between banks still go into the same block list... think you might be good though... APPLY IN PERSON! might be able to get the MasterCard version!

Message 2 of 6
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Yes the acct. was HSBC at the time of BK, before that they were NBGL.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I had a joint account that ended up in my BK with $0 balance and the account was closed and at first my co-applicant was declined on opening individual but after checking further they did open, this happened on both our Saks and Neiman Marcus Account.  I am now AU on both the new accounts.  I think tried last year I was getting declined for past history but I was still under 5 years... I had luck with some of my past creditors after the 5 year ability to collect timeframe.

Message 4 of 6
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

I had $0 balance on Neiman Marcus card when I filed, they didn't close the acct.

I still have it.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

I had $0 balance on Neiman Marcus card when I filed, they didn't close the acct.

I still have it.

I had a lot of accounts that didn't close... I had a couple that didn't close until year 2 or 3 of my BK (which was 13) and then close... Which was a little fustrating since now it's to late and they can clearly see but I got it... i got some to open back AFTER the CR reflected the bk was over.  but it's just a letter like the other million the bank probably gets so not sure how that works at certain banks of once it's scanned how they distribute and they just missed it or what not... but if it's not included in the bk (at least on 13) they would simply get a letter stating that I was filing but they were "NOT" included in it. I had family and friends get the same letter also which was little weird... but it's sent to all that are tied somehow to different accounts with the person filing.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.