Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sears Blacklist ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Sears Blacklist ?

I had a Sears account many, many,many years ago.. I got it when I was out of high school
and ended up in the situation of being young, not working, and not paying for my balance
and it ended up as a charge off... no BK... this was likely about 1994 / 95.
It is off of my credit report, but I am wondering does Sears keep track of these sorts
of things ? If I were to apply for a Sears account, with a red flag come up ?
Would they shoot me down because of my past history with them ?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Does Sears Blacklist ?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Sears account many, many,many years ago.. I got it when I was out of high school and ended up in the situation of being young, not working, and not paying for my balance and it ended up as a charge off... no BK... this was likely about 1994 / 95. It is off of my credit report, but I am wondering does Sears keep track of these sorts of things ? If I were to apply for a Sears account, with a red flag come up ? Would they shoot me down because of my past history with them ?
Try calling Citi and asking! They do have very good CSR's, even though I hate my Citi Sears MC with an undying passion. Unless they GW my late, in which they will become my bestest, bestest card. Smiley Happy

Even on the weekends and late in the evening, I've always gotten US reps. They have been very knowledgeable and helpful, except in doing what I'd like them to do.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

YES!
Message 3 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:
YES!

Oh well, then, never mind. I am not in my right mind today. Fumes from flooring glue and carpet pads. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me 4 trys to get in with sears

I dont belive they black list
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can now use a sears card at kmart Smiley Happy and pay your bill in their too same goes for sears

Message Edited by alaskan_assassin on 12-01-2007 06:20 PM
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sears doesn't blacklist but Citi does... Citibank finances Sears credit cards.
Message 7 of 11
heirophant
Established Contributor

This is a good question.  On the same note, I have a settle CO w/BOA.  I would like to get my Alaska Airlines Visa back when my credit score rises.  Does anyone know if BOA blacklists?
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

you might want to call Boa on this Q, How long ago was your CO?  If its 7 years ago I wouldn't worry about it, Alaska air line card has been really easy to get since early last year I got it with a fico 640

heirophant wrote:
This is a good question.  On the same note, I have a settle CO w/BOA.  I would like to get my Alaska Airlines Visa back when my credit score rises.  Does anyone know if BOA blacklists?

Message 9 of 11
orl2185
Established Contributor

JFritz001 wrote:
I had a Sears account many, many,many years ago.. I got it when I was out of high school
and ended up in the situation of being young, not working, and not paying for my balance
and it ended up as a charge off... no BK... this was likely about 1994 / 95.
It is off of my credit report, but I am wondering does Sears keep track of these sorts
of things ? If I were to apply for a Sears account, with a red flag come up ?
Would they shoot me down because of my past history with them ?

They did for me... A BIG YES
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.