Established Member
JFritz001

Does Sears Blacklist ?

I had a Sears account many, many,many years ago.. I got it when I was out of high school
and ended up in the situation of being young, not working, and not paying for my balance
and it ended up as a charge off... no BK... this was likely about 1994 / 95.
It is off of my credit report, but I am wondering does Sears keep track of these sorts
of things ? If I were to apply for a Sears account, with a red flag come up ?
Would they shoot me down because of my past history with them ?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Does Sears Blacklist ?

JFritz001 wrote:

I had a Sears account many, many,many years ago.. I got it when I was out of high school and ended up in the situation of being young, not working, and not paying for my balance and it ended up as a charge off... no BK... this was likely about 1994 / 95. It is off of my credit report, but I am wondering does Sears keep track of these sorts of things ? If I were to apply for a Sears account, with a red flag come up ? Would they shoot me down because of my past history with them ?
Try calling Citi and asking! They do have very good CSR's, even though I hate my Citi Sears MC with an undying passion. Unless they GW my late, in which they will become my bestest, bestest card. :smileyhappy:

Even on the weekends and late in the evening, I've always gotten US reps. They have been very knowledgeable and helpful, except in doing what I'd like them to do.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
fused

YES!
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

fused wrote:
YES!

Oh well, then, never mind. I am not in my right mind today. Fumes from flooring glue and carpet pads. :smileytongue:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
alaskan_assassin

It took me 4 trys to get in with sears

I dont belive they black list
alaskan_assassin

[ Edited ]
you can now use a sears card at kmart :smileyhappy: and pay your bill in their too same goes for sears

Message Edited by alaskan_assassin on 12-01-2007 06:20 PM
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

Sears doesn't blacklist but Citi does... Citibank finances Sears credit cards.
Established Contributor
heirophant

This is a good question.  On the same note, I have a settle CO w/BOA.  I would like to get my Alaska Airlines Visa back when my credit score rises.  Does anyone know if BOA blacklists?
FICO's: TU: 682 EX: 688 EQ: Unknown

In my wallet (strikethough are getting the axe soon): Amex Rewards Plus Gold | BECU: 10,000 | AlaskaUSA FCU: 6,900 | Citi Forward 6,500 | BOA Travel Rewards: 5,000 | US Bank Cash+: 5,000 | Merrick: 4,200 | Chase Freedom: 3,500 | Juniper: 3,100 | Household: 2,450 | Best Buy Reward Zone: 2,000 | Cap1: 1,500 | Cap1: 750 | Bailey's Furniture: 3,100 | Lowes: 4,500 | Care Credit: 2,000 | Zales: 1,400 | Kohls: 400 | Sam's: 5,200 | Walmart: 1,100 | Discover More: 1,000
alaskan_assassin

you might want to call Boa on this Q, How long ago was your CO?  If its 7 years ago I wouldn't worry about it, Alaska air line card has been really easy to get since early last year I got it with a fico 640

heirophant wrote:
This is a good question.  On the same note, I have a settle CO w/BOA.  I would like to get my Alaska Airlines Visa back when my credit score rises.  Does anyone know if BOA blacklists?

Established Contributor
orl2185

JFritz001 wrote:
I had a Sears account many, many,many years ago.. I got it when I was out of high school
and ended up in the situation of being young, not working, and not paying for my balance
and it ended up as a charge off... no BK... this was likely about 1994 / 95.
It is off of my credit report, but I am wondering does Sears keep track of these sorts
of things ? If I were to apply for a Sears account, with a red flag come up ?
Would they shoot me down because of my past history with them ?

They did for me... A BIG YES

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+