Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sync allow credit reallocation?

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Does Sync allow credit reallocation?

I have a Lowes with an $18000 limit and an Amazon wth a $3000; I'd like to move that around so its $10000 Amazon and $11000 Lowes; do they allow that and if so, do they do it without a HP ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Sync allow credit reallocation?

They don't. The best you can really do is lower your overall exposure and ask for a CLI on the card(s) you keep. There have also been a variety of reports over the years that a high overall exposure may trigger AR.
Message 2 of 7
creditguy
Valued Contributor

It would be nice if they did, I know I sure would be doing some reallocating but alas that can only happen in dreams.
Message 3 of 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

I have a Lowes with an $18000 limit and an Amazon wth a $3000; I'd like to move that around so its $10000 Amazon and $11000 Lowes; do they allow that and if so, do they do it without a HP ? 

As others have answered NO, but there is a reason.

Where as say Cap-1 or Chase offer various credit cards as THEIR products, Sync (and Comenity) provide backing for OTHERS aka Lowes, Amazon, etc. Each store backed by a Sync agreement sets their own terms as far as limits, qualifications, exposure, interest rates, etc and Sync acts as the "processor" much like a bank does for a mortgage.

Another interesting hybrid is Elan Financial Services, a unit of U.S. Bancorp which offers credit card private label services to other companies (recently took over Fidelity cards) which is a separate entity-relationship, but part of US Bankcorp aka US Bank, which offers credit cards under their parent company (https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/).  

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would just call and request an increase for your Amazon with credit solutions. If your profile supports it, they should give it to you but as always YMMVSmiley Happy Best of luckSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I would just call and request an increase for your Amazon with credit solutions. If your profile supports it, they should give it to you but as always YMMVSmiley Happy Best of luckSmiley Happy

+1  This exactly ^^^^^

Since your Lowe's is already rather generous it's very likely they would give you whatever you wanted on your Amazon without you having to lower your Lowe's.  If there is an issue with your overall Synchrony exposure being too high, they will tell you and give you the chance to lower one of your other Synchrony cards.

It's not set in stone, but for many people the Syncrony exposure limit is $100k (although there are several recent reports of people exceeding this).  As long as you're under this most likely you'll be fine. 

Further, I would say that for your request if your TU is north of 700 you should be good... after you pass 750-ish or so you can generally get whatever you want.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Agreed. You should def go for it if your  TU are at least 700... 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.