Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Synchrony act like Comenity w MC?

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Does Synchrony act like Comenity w MC?

Question for the experts out there.   I have a Belk Store card currently and I really wanna get the Marvel MC.  Does Synchrony do the same thing as Comenity and suddenly start shutting down cards, due to "Inquiries" when you add a MC to your profile of store cards?  I've read a lot of horror stories about Comenity and wanted to make sure that the Belk card would remain safe.  Thanks ahead of time for everyone's help. 

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does ********* act like Comenity w MC?

Not really, but they are known for the Blue Envelope of hell. Read up on them.

Message 2 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Does Synchrony act like Comenity w MC?

@JimBo99 wrote:

Question for the experts out there.   I have a Belk Store card currently and I really wanna get the Marvel MC.  Does Synchrony do the same thing as Comenity and suddenly start shutting down cards, due to "Inquiries" when you add a MC to your profile of store cards?  I've read a lot of horror stories about Comenity and wanted to make sure that the Belk card would remain safe.  Thanks ahead of time for everyone's help. 

As long as you don't go and apply for a number of Synchrony accounts in a short amount of time you'll likely be fine.  I have four accounts with them (Lowe's, Belk, Sam's Club MC and Care Credit) and I've never had a problem. 

While the are some notable exceptions, usually the people who have had problems opened a number of accounts in a short period of time, and many of those also pushed for multiple large CLIs as well.

Here's a link to the thread with the 'blue envelope' info: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/td-p/4669682

Message 3 of 9
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

I've had the Belk Card since Oct 2016.  The Marvel Card will be my second Sync Card, if approved.

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have marvel, care credit, artvan, lowes, stash, never any issue with them.
Message 5 of 9
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Was approved for the Marvel Card.  Experian and Equifax are reporting a limit of $1500.  I will give em a call when I get the card.  Not sure how people are accessing their accounts online prior to recieving card.  I set up a user name and password during the app process, but everytime I try to sign in, it tells me the user name is not in their system. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

R u using mymarvelcard.com ?
Message 7 of 9
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Yes.  I'll just wait til my card gets there.  Not the end of the world.  Just wonder what I'm doing wrong. 

Message 8 of 9
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Even with the Blue Envelopes, no one comes close to acting Comenity, they are in a class by themselves and it's an odd class. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.