Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Synchrony hold grudges?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Synchrony hold grudges?

I burned Synchrony (when it was GE something or another) back in 2012 and haven't been approved for anything I've applied for with them since. My TU score is currently 629, so just wondering if they're holding a grudge or I just don't qualify at the moment. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does Synchrony hold grudges?

Im no expert here but i would imagine it could be your score that needs to rise a bit . I have noticed that according to some here on myfico its recommended to have like a 640 or higher if for istance you like a Walmart store card. I think since each profile is different just try to improve your score and any baddies you may have and they come in time. In my humble opinion just be glad its not Amex or it could be alot worse( Smiley Happy ). Good luck!
Message 2 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

They're pretty forgiving in my experience...I burned them on a Walmart account in my BK13 and they've opened the doors up to me.  Like the previous poster mentioned, it may be your score moreso than forgiveness...

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned them in my Chapter 13 in 2008 and now I have four accounts with them. My scores were higher than yours when I applied, though.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know they are extremely difficult, if not impossible to get GW adjustments from if you've ever been late.  Not sure if that counts as a grudge, but I'd say with respect to payment history they are unforgiving.

Message 5 of 10
Pway
Valued Contributor

I included in my chapter 7 and I could not get a card with them until my scores reach over the 640 mark.  That is when the doors opened up for me.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not in my experience. I have a charged off acct from an old Belk card that is still on my reports ( was GE Money, now Synchrony; set to fall off early next year) and they approved me for a WalMart and an Amazon acct a few months ago. My scores were lower than 629 at the time too.
Message 7 of 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Absolutely not when it comes to grudges, they are very forgiving. The question though is, is your score good enough for the product your applying for? For example, your score would be good enough for a Walmart store card but not the Walmart MasterCard. Good enough for a chevron card but not the chevron visa and so on and so forth. So in your case the problem may simply be the product your applying for and not you per se.

Message 8 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The score may be the issue. I do think it is possible that burning them before may not be helping, but the score ks probably the larger concern.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some can get into synchrony with score between 620-640. They give out good limits once ur over 680 ish. My experience with them is no matter what all my cards start low with them but when called to ask for CLI I'll get it with no problem.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.