cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Target close your account for inactivity?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Target close your account for inactivity?

It's not real a harassment if they are warning you with a letter, but just my opinion where I would rather be warned then swipe and declined. Personally the 5 percent is it worth it for me
Message 11 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Dropped into a Target a few months ago and while checking out they suggested a card for the 5% off.  Got into a discussion about how they start with low limits, don't give increases, and it's a useless piece of plastic compared to other banks.  There's no way I could go grocery shopping with a measily $200 limit w/o having to pay it in full before finishing checking out on a single trip through the grocery aisles.  I did however have one of these years ago when rebuilding and I suppose if you can get anything unsecured at that point you're happy with it.  Overall they're just useless for the most part for 99% of the card holders they have.  If you have 5 or 6 digit CL's now it's time for them to go.  

One less data breach to worry about every holiday season.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're spending more than 200 at once on groceries youre probably with BJs Costco or Sam's and then just pop into Target for lunch meat milk and bread as you need them? Then again im usually wrong
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I Just Received My Notice Today. I Will Use My Card & But I Do Not Appreciate This Harassment Either Now.

Harrassment? So a financial instituion you do business with is keeping you educated and informed on a product you have of theirs and you get upset about that? Ugh. 

Message 14 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just remember credit cards are meant to be used even though many sock drawer them for various reasons. Its always best to use them once in awhile to keep them active. Getting a notice of closure if not used is actually nice on their part in my humble opinion.
Message 15 of 16
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Yep! They closed mine that had a HUGE $200 CL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.