cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does US Bank Blacklist if I included them in Bankruptcy?

tag
SCYD
Regular Contributor

Does US Bank Blacklist if I included them in Bankruptcy?

I was wondering if anyone knew if US Bank Blacklist if I included them in bankruptcy?

I wanted to app for the Lexus Visa at the end of this year, but they are services by US Bank.

BK 7 DC'd 10/2010
Scores (03/17/16): EQ: 704 / TU: 725 / EX: 694 / Cap1 QS1: 6.5K / CU: 7.5K /
JC Penney: 10K/ Chevron: 4K / Target: 500 / Macy's 17.2K/ NFCU Sig. Visa Cash Reward:22K / NFCU Flagship 22K/NavChk:15K / NavChk:7.5K(joint)/WF Plat:15K / WF Propel Amex:5K/DIscover 10K/USAA Visa 14K/USAA Amex 14K/Nordstrom 10K/TJ MAxx 10K/BP Visa 6.5K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: Does US Bank Blacklist if I included them in Bankruptcy?

@SCYD wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew if US Bank Blacklist if I included them in bankruptcy?

I wanted to app for the Lexus Visa at the end of this year, but they are services by US Bank.

As a general rule most if not all banks blacklist if you burned them.  To put it another way, how many women do you know who get left standing on the alter, then turn around and start dating the same guy again as if nothing happened?  Yeah, me neither Smiley Wink

I would wait a minimum of 3 years (or whenever the BK is off your CR).  And even that may not be enough time....

Message 2 of 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Some lenders have a long memory...

Old saying, "Gonna lend money to the person that didn't pay you back the last time?"

IME, giving you an example...I'll never hold a Chase card again in my lifetime. Still blacklisted after fourteen years.

Message 3 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

As a general rule most if not all banks blacklist if you burned them.

This.  Would the OP continue to lend money to people that don't pay the OP back?

Message 4 of 8
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I burned Chase 8 years ago in 2 charge-offs. It's still in their system but I'm more mature now and they have allowed me 1 Chase card for now. 

Message 5 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Everyones story varies but chances to get back in are very low maybe a persuasive letter would do at an approval of $500.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

US Bank is really conservative, so I'd be surprised if they let you back in without repaying them first.  I burned Chase back in 1999 and even by repaying them, wasn't able to get back in until 2012.

Message 7 of 8
fot1
Established Contributor

@SCYD wrote:

It might be that US bank just services the card and not underwrites it.. If that is the case they won't make the determination on credit.. I don't know though.

Too many to list..
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.