Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does US Bank use same HP for multiple cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does US Bank use same HP for multiple cards

Thinking of apping for a couple US Bank cards whileI'm prequalified.   Anyone know if you can apply for two cards and only get HP'd once.  

5 REPLIES 5
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does US Bank use same HP for multiple cards

I can’t say conclusively, but I applied for a $950 CLI and a new account on the same phone call and was hit with two HPs.

Message 2 of 6
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

I have heard different reports, but I applied for two cards theee days apart and it was one hard pull. I called and asked how long the hard pull is good for, and the CSR said 30 days. My 30 days was almost up earlier this week and called again to ask if I applied for another product if they would use the same pull from a few weeks ago, and the CSR said it would be a new pull. So who knows...but I would always expect a hard pull for each application. Good luck!!!
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can see from the previous two responses it is , which is normal for U.S. Bank.

For me, I had a Cash + and applied for another one (when they had more useful categories). With one HP I was approved for a new one, had the representative (or analyst, it was a while ago so I do not recall) do a CLI on the one I had and then had them increase my premiere line of credit; all in one HP. 

So it was possible, and I am sure others have had success since. Just make sure you have a competent person on the line and explain to them what it is that you would like to do. If for some reason they do not know, or cannot do it, try the backdoor number (I believe it goes to the analyst) and ask there. Good luck! 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the replies.  Not a huge deal if it cost me a couple inquiries.  I only have 2 at the moment.  

Really thinking about a personal and a business card.  

Gonna wait till next week when my util is at 1%, currently sitting at  2% because I missed statement date on one card.  

Message 5 of 6
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I believe i saw someone mention that they applied for the cash plus and they pulled tu, then applied for a flexperks and they pulled eq.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.