Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does WAMU ever lower APRs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does WAMU ever lower APRs?

I hate my Providian/WaMu card - 16.9% APR!! I requested a APR decrease with no luck and my utilization is always between 1-3% - errhhh.

Do they ever lower APRs? I hate this card...if it weren't bad for my credit file I would cancel them out of principle alone! -lol
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does WAMU ever lower APRs?

Do you have other cards besdies the WaMu?  If so, sockdrawer them for a few months and they may lower your rate to tempt you to use the card.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU's cards are APR plus prime-
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice - sock drawer it goes - I don't need it...they just piss me off, lol!
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldnt be the first time I've heard of non-usage sparking a lowering of APR
Message 5 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Wouldnt be the first time I've heard of non-usage sparking a lowering of APR

Who knew that flirting would be useful in the credit world? Although I wonder if this concept is now familiar only to females over the age of 50, LOL.

--sock-drawering CC's can trigger a lowering of APR's!

--letting 1-9% report, or even less, gets FICO all hot and bothered!

I guess what goes around comes around, after all.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does WAMU ever lower APRs?- OT

Okay, does anyone actually have adrawer ONLY for socks.  I don't own enough socks to have an actual sockdrawer.  Maybe I should put my socks in my credit card drawer.

Okay I have an injury and its the Vicodin talkingSmiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
1-9% report, or even less, gets FICO all hot and bothered!

I guess what goes around comes around, after all.

What do you mean, lol? P.S. I also don't have a sock drawer - I have a clay pot my little brother made at school, - all unused/unwanted/disappointing cards go there, lol.
Message 8 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Brammy wrote:
Okay, does anyone actually have adrawer ONLY for socks.  I don't own enough socks to have an actual sockdrawer.  Maybe I should put my socks in my credit card drawer.

Okay I have an injury and its the Vicodin talkingSmiley Very Happy

No, but I'm a brain surgeon and I stayed at a Holiday Inn.Smiley Very Happy Hahaha really funny! I'm from Hawaii so we don't have sock drawers as this would promote a mold infestation, so we slipper drawer our CCs. Just my SPAM delight, I couldn't resist! Ha!Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a sock drawer. I have like 30 pair of socks. lol. I've definitely noticed after 6-12 months of no activity rates on my cards start dropping and promo aprs start popping up to motivate me to use them. I get motivated for sure!

Wamu has a Platinum card with lower rates. You can ask Wamu if they will upgrade you to Platinum.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 10-10-2007 07:03 AM
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.