Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Wells Fargo blacklist?

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

Does Wells Fargo blacklist?

I had a loan about 7 years ago with a finance company that eventually became part of Wells Fargo (who also in my area took over one of the largest bank chains as well).  Somehow the loan slipped through the cracks.  I’ve never made any payments on it and it’s never shown up on any of my credit reports.  I’ve maybe gotten 3 notices over the years from either them or a collection agency asking for payment of the loan.  (it’s roughly $1,000) 

So I’m wondering would it be a bad idea to get a secured credit card with them??  I’m worried that they might somehow find me in their internal system and suddenly want their money. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mum4519
Contributor

Re: Does Wells Fargo blacklist?

Do not blacklist, BUT, if you have a previous WF credit obligation outstanding or in collections, you will not get approved for any other lines of credit, including secured cards.

--WF Private Banker--

- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 2 of 3
mt2va
Established Contributor

Re: Does Wells Fargo blacklist?

That's what I thought but since the loan seems to have disappeared into thin air somewhere I was thinking maybe they didnt' even have it in their records. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.