Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Wells Fargo or Chase reduce APR?

tag
Onthe27thday
Regular Contributor

Does Wells Fargo or Chase reduce APR?

I don't have WF but I am asking for a friend.... I tried to search and i saw one thread where it seemed like it was possible but overall didn't find much.

so.... Are they like barclays where you can just call and ask? if so, is it every 6 months? or like navy where they will lower it once a year if your eligible?

Also... does Chase do this? Chase hates me so I didn't have any advice for her lol.

Thanks for your help!

Starting Score (Oct '13): 473 (EX), Current Score: MyFICO EX: 713 EQ: 715 TU: 717, Goal Score: 740 & above. Capital One Quicksilver: $2250, Discover IT: $9500, Chase Amazon Store Card: $2600, Care Credit: $15000, Barclays Rewards: $1850 BCE: 20,000, PenFed Visa Sig: 7,000 NFCU cashRewards $24,600
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Wells Fargo or Chase reduce APR?

I don't know about WF, but Chase is known for being very unaccomodating with APR reductions. The stock suggestion here is to apply for a new card (if your profile's improved) if you want a better APR.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase doesn't seem to do it at all and Well Fargo it appears you have a chance to do it, but I think it is 1 year after opening.

Message 3 of 5
Onthe27thday
Regular Contributor

Thank you both!
Starting Score (Oct '13): 473 (EX), Current Score: MyFICO EX: 713 EQ: 715 TU: 717, Goal Score: 740 & above. Capital One Quicksilver: $2250, Discover IT: $9500, Chase Amazon Store Card: $2600, Care Credit: $15000, Barclays Rewards: $1850 BCE: 20,000, PenFed Visa Sig: 7,000 NFCU cashRewards $24,600
Message 4 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Don't know about Wells Fargo but with Chase don't even bother asking. The APR you are approved with is the APR for the life of the account (excluding prime rate changes). They don't entertain requests to lower it

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.