cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Your Macys Card Report

tag
jean615

Re: Does Your Macys Card Report

do you know who macys get's their credit report from..thinking of applying for card...?
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's is almost exclusively Ex, but I found a couple of Eq pulls (112 Ex vs 8 Eq on one credit pull data base). No idea about Tu.
Message 22 of 27
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have never had a problem with store card, but Visa is not reported to TU. I have just sent 2 e-mails to CS, will report back.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 23 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been using it for 10 months.  I make purchases every month and have been paying it on time each month...

The card has never reported since I got it...

Does anyone have advice on what to do now?

OP, hound them again and again and again. But before doing so, do a couple things first. Study your bill and make sure your name and info is all correct just in case they were trying to report mis-information. A wrong name or address could throw it off the reports. Next, I would pull your CRs directly from each CRA. I'd probably start with EX as they tend to report there when you appd. Look for the inquiry that gave you the account and look for any soft inquiries as they do ARs from time to time. Make sure that is on there. Then go back and hound them.

Edited to ask...this wasn't an AU or joint account, was it?

Message Edited by llecs on 10-17-2008 09:23 AM
Message 24 of 27
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Is there any problem having joint or AU Macy's account. All my Macy's accounts are joint and we get the same reporting.

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been using it for 10 months.  I make purchases every month and have been paying it on time each month...

The card has never reported since I got it...

Does anyone have advice on what to do now?

OP, hound them again and again and again. But before doing so, do a couple things first. Study your bill and make sure your name and info is all correct just in case they were trying to report mis-information. A wrong name or address could throw it off the reports. Next, I would pull your CRs directly from each CRA. I'd probably start with EX as they tend to report there when you appd. Look for the inquiry that gave you the account and look for any soft inquiries as they do ARs from time to time. Make sure that is on there. Then go back and hound them.

Edited to ask...this wasn't an AU or joint account, was it?

Message Edited by llecs on 10-17-2008 09:23 AM

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 25 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@wmarat wrote:

Is there any problem having joint or AU Macy's account. All my Macy's accounts are joint and we get the same reporting.

I was thinking along the lines that maybe someone within Macys failed to add OP, if AU or Joint, at the time the account was created. If so, OP would have to check the other user's CRs to check on reporting.

Message 26 of 27
wmarat
Valued Contributor

It might be.

@llecs wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

I was thinking along the lines that maybe someone within Macys failed to add OP, if AU or Joint, at the time the account was created. If so, OP would have to check the other user's CRs to check on reporting.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.