cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Your credit card age transffer over when taken over by a new company?

tag
krushin84

Does Your credit card age transffer over when taken over by a new company?

Capital one takin over HSBC soon and with that I'm wondering if my HSBC age of 4 years will continue or will it show up as a new account? When chase sold there Sony accounts to cap1 all my reports showed up as new account and my age went from 6 to 0.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Does Your credit card age transffer over when taken over by a new company?

@krushin84 wrote:
Capital one takin over HSBC soon and with that I'm wondering if my HSBC age of 4 years will continue or will it show up as a new account? When chase sold there Sony accounts to cap1 all my reports showed up as new account and my age went from 6 to 0.

My Household bank kept it original opening date.   It is showing as Captial One on all 3 reports.   This is how it usually works in my experience.  

Message 2 of 7
krushin84

Any idea on how I could get back my opening date? Or is it too late?
Message 3 of 7
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Call cap one executive office and plead your case. Don't waste your time with their frontline reps as they are notorious for being unhelpful 

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 4 of 7
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I have a BBRZ MC and for a couple months it showed up as 2 lines - one for HSBC and the other as Cap One. Now it's only one line: Cap One. The good thing is that it's showing my original date opening with HSBC.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 5 of 7
krushin84

Where could I find the exec. Number?
Message 6 of 7
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

I thought for sure it would be in the backdoor numbers sticky but it's not. It does seem to be a hard.number to find. Hopefully someone else here has called the exec office before and is willing to help you out.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.